so there is no way possible to get unlimited data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jesusplay, Jun 13, 2010.

1. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you do not already have it, there is no way to get it. Sorry.

3. cjthebest macrumors member

Well... there was one. I got an iPhone 3GS before the 7th data change at an AT&T Store. I have 30 days to exchange it for the new one.

4. UnknownMacNoob macrumors member

Did the same thing. Posted a thread the same day (the 6th) to try to help anyone who was wondering if it would work. Unfortunately there is no way to get unlimited data anymore. Maybe if you pitch a fit or go to the store strapped with an explosive device and demand it, they might give it to you.

5. cjthebest macrumors member

I wonder if we will be able to exchange it on launch day? Will it be too crowded or does the AT&T store have little stock?

6. Jason-Houghton macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

take out the contract now and you will still have unlimited data for as long as you have the contract.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This is not true with AT&T. The unlimited plan was eliminated June 7 (the day the iPhone 4 was officially announced). It is too late, now.

8. Jason-Houghton macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

Sorry I was thinking about o2.

9. UnknownMacNoob macrumors member

I spent over an hour in the AT&T store talking to the rep (I had 2 people with me and they both got iPhones for the unlimited data). He said launch day should go smoothly for us. My friend and I plan to be the first two in line and are going to get him specifically cause he knows our plan so it goes smoothly for us and he benefits because he gets commission. It's a win-win situation. Please believe im not walking out the door without the unlimited plan tho. Haha

10. cjthebest macrumors member

OMG! I just looked at the recipt and it says at the bottom that it is a close-out item and cannot be exchanged!!!!!!!!!!! I was lied to!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: I tried calling, but they are closed. I will call in the morning.

11. BrianMR macrumors regular

BrianMR

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

13. hexonxonx macrumors 601

If you still have an original iPhone, you can sign up for service on iTunes and you still get unlimited data using that iPhone. You are then instantly eligible for an iPhone 4 upgrade and you can keep the unlimited data plan that way. Original iPhone data plans are not offered 2GB data plans, only unlimited.

14. dave006 Contributor

dave006

It is gone for new lines of service. They now offer the new DataPro Enterprise for $40 per month with at 2 GB Cap + $10 for every additional 1 GB after you hit the cap. :eek:

Dave

15. dave006 Contributor

dave006

It depends on the plan.

$15 DataPlus - 200 MB
    $25 DataPro - 2 GB

Dave

16. jesusplay thread starter macrumors 6502a

are you sure this will work? I can get a 2G iphone tommorow.

17. hexonxonx macrumors 601

100% positive. We did it with one of our 2Gs yesterday morning. AT&T only offers the unlimited data plans for the original iPhones. There is no 200MB or 2GB choices for the original iPhone. the 200MB and 2GB limits are only for the 3Gs. AT&T states the original iPhone users keep unlimited data plans when upgrading to a 3G, 3GS or iPhone 4.

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I was reading the ATT launch day store info posted on Engadget (or was it Gizmodo...I forget.) Anyway there is a blurb that customers can activate using iTunes. I wonder if this means Apple is going back to the original iPhone plan where they just sell you the phone and you activate at home, not in store like with the 3G or GS. That def. would make things go quicker.

19. jesusplay thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can get the 2g iphone tomorrow..So i just stick my sim card in it, sign up on itunes...is that all i have to do?

I'm sorry for all the questions. BUT U ARE A BIG HELP!!! thanks

20. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Follow these instructions 100%.

Insert a new never been used sim into the iPhone. Restore the iPhone in itunes. Once the restore is done, iTunes will then prompt you to activate your brand new iPhone :). Follow the instructions and in minutes, your iPhone will be activated with an unlimited data plan and whatever minute plan you choose. You'll have to use that sim in the original iPhone until you get the new iPhone activated. If you try using that sim in a 3G/3GS iPhone, you risk AT&T automatically switching you to a 3G plan automatically.

If you need anything on the iPhone when you first get it, you can back it up in iTunes first, then restore it and proceed to activate the iPhone as i mentioned above. Once the phone is activated, you can restore your backup by right clicking on the iPhone in iTunes and select restore from backup.

21. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

You can use as much data as you want! You just have to pay for it :D

22. jesusplay thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok thanks.

so basically I'm setting up a new line? when will i be edgible for the iphone 4 upgrade? in a year?

23. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You will be eligible for an iPhone 4 upgrade the second that original iPhone is activated. You will pay the $199/$299 upgrade price. :)

Original iPhones are still an amazing phone to keep around. You never know when you may need it. Enjoy that iPhone 4 on release day! :D

24. jesusplay thread starter macrumors 6502a

Don't take this the wrong way....

but I love you sooo much right now!

THANKS!

25. toffa813 macrumors regular

There may be a way, but in the end it probably doesn't matter. Unless you download movies/TV shows over 3g you don't need unlimited. And you get to save a bit of money.