Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfheart

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
App switcher is stuttery on my 6+ when scrolling to the home page and when zooming another application open.
Scrolling is smooth but feels very slow.

Actually the App switcher is frustratingly laggy. Why did they change it, seemed fine to me before? For me it was easier to identify the app by the larger icon rather than the thumbnail which can sometimes look very similar and in a lot of cases on my 6+ just render as empty white rectangles.

Last edited:

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
I am hesitant to upgrade to ios9. I am currently using 8.3 and it works pretty good.
Has anyone noticed better performancd in safari as in "less tab reloading and an error occured so webpage needs to be reloaded" issue?
Ill probably just wait a few days for a veredict

6+ here

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I am hesitant to upgrade to ios9. I am currently using 8.3 and it works pretty good.
Has anyone noticed better performancd in safari as in "less tab reloading and an error occured so webpage needs to be reloaded" issue?
Ill probably just wait a few days for a veredict

6+ here

Hi,

I'm experiencing actual less lag and when I swipe back to the previous page in Safari its really snappy on my 6+

Safari Tabs at the moment are re loading less.

I have Reduce Transparency turned on (always had) which may be why I'm experiencing no lag or stutter.

lg251

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
All these "lag" issues seem pretty random from user to user.

On my iPhone 6 Plus, multitasking is not smooth (feels like an Android), when sending an iMessage, after clicking "Send" the blue bubble moving from the "typing box" to the conversation is horribly laggy. Sometimes keyboard is also delayed by a second or 2.

A friend of mine with a 6 Plus has very little multitasking lag, and 2 co-workers (I used their phones this morning to compare (iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus) have absolutely no lag. Very smooth...

I force rebooted my phone, and removed almost every spotlight suggestions...still lots of lag!
Not the Apple I've been used to in the 8 years.

Reactions: MrUpload1000

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Hi,

I'm experiencing actual less lag and when I swipe back to the previous page in Safari its really snappy on my 6+

Safari Tabs at the moment are re loading less.

I have Reduce Transparency turned on (always had) which may be why I'm experiencing no lag or stutter.
There is lag and stutter. You may just not see it. Keyboard is less speedy, animations suck. I hate iPhone 6 Plus. I guess my best bet is to sell it

poose22

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
I notice a decent amount of lag when opening apps. has nearly been 24 hours and hasnt improved, even after a reboot. I hope future updates will help with this.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
Lag you say?
IMG_0041.png

I wouldn't know anything about that.
623a1434f8a726a31e3f96ab30147dda.jpg

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
It might be wise to upgrade to 8.4.1 from 9.0 while Apple is still signing it. Once they stop signing 8.4.1, you'll be stuck on 9.x forever and there's no going back. I kinda wish I never got rid of 8.3. :-(

8.3 for life

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
It's not doing too good on my iPad Mini 3 for some reason. Though I'm on the beta 9.1. I've got weird lag in my apps like Tapatalk, manga rock, Netflix, etc.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I'm doing pretty well with iOS 9 on my iPhone 5S.... I was afraid to put it on at first, after reading a lot of speed issues with the GM; but I'm so glad that I upgraded (by 1:30pm EST yesterday---yes, I'm an upgrade crazy)!

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I don't know if you've tried today's 9.0 release. It's a different build from last week (last week GM was 13a340 and today's is 13a344) Since it was a newer build I downgraded from 9.1. And it actually feels better than 9.1. And safari hasn't been crashing on me. (In 9.1 it would crash trying to play videos sometimes.)

I'm on the 9.1 beta on both of my devices.

Since they made a last minute changes to the GM, do you think it's worth trying it out? Thanks!

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'm not sure whats going on but iPad Air 2 is struggling. everything takes ages it's very laggy.

Mine too. Not very happy about it. Mine's not indexing, in fact I have all spotlight functions disabled, reduce motion enable, reduce transparency turned on. Nothing but lag everywhere. Definitely not better than 8.x.x final.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm on the 9.1 beta on both of my devices.

Since they made a last minute changes to the GM, do you think it's worth trying it out? Thanks!

Personally, yes. The official 9.0 release for me (and many) has seen quite an improvement over last weeks GM build and I'm noticing a slight improvement over 9.1 beta 1. (Biggest improvement benign my Safari doesn't crash on 9.0 release vs 9.1 beta.)

Reactions: scjr

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Personally, yes. The official 9.0 release for me (and many) has seen quite an improvement over last weeks GM build and I'm noticing a slight improvement over 9.1 beta 1. (Biggest improvement benign my Safari doesn't crash on 9.0 release vs 9.1 beta.)

Thank you for your feedback! I will load it up and report back later.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
There is lag and stutter. You may just not see it. Keyboard is less speedy, animations suck. I hate iPhone 6 Plus. I guess my best bet is to sell it
People need to stop blaming this on hardware and star blaming Apple's QA team. They obviously got rid of or reshuffled the people who used to ensure everything was silky smooth and not just "good enough" to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.