So undecided...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Peterpandy, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Peterpandy macrumors member

Peterpandy

So I have a 42mm space grey on order due to arrive next week, however I have twice ordered and cancelled a Stainless Steel model I just can't make up my mind, now wondering if I should just cancel the space grey and wait 2-3 weeks for the stainless steel?
    Has anybody else got a sport and changed their mind? Or vice versa got a stainless steel model & swapped to a sport?

2. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

I didn't realized how much I banged my wrist until I got my space gray sport. I also really wanted to have some fun customizing the crap of the watch and due to the color of the SG, it was as well suited as something like the SS is. Plus the SS looks super classy.

So, I decided I wanted sapphire, more universal appeal and options, as well as the elegant shine of SS, so I sold the SG and bought the SS. I am unbelievably happy I did. The SS is a beautiful watch.

3. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

Also very happy going from Sport to SS.. you pay more but the quality difference is definitely there in both look and feel.

DAT SAPPHIRE!

4. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

I'm in basically the same boat for exactly the same reasons. I have the Space Gray watch now and have ordered a stainless replacement. I have to return the Sport by the 11th, and I'm hoping my stainless will be here before then. I have also ordered a black leather loop. Ordered that today and it is being delivered tomorrow.

5. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

6. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

Part of the equation might be on how you plan to use it. However, I will suggest that if you go with a SS to just get a sport band. I ordered my SS with the black classics buckle, while its an ok band I prefer the black sport band that I got later. And with so many nice offerings from 3rd party band sellers it's not worth the extra $100. I would offer this advice, if you can comfortably offered the SS Go for it, why not. It's shiny!! And has the sapphire display.

7. Peterpandy thread starter macrumors member

Peterpandy

Thanks for the replies folks to be honest I think it was more the extra cost that was putting me off however after trying both on I definitely feel that the SS both looks and feels premium and I do intend to customise the watch with didferent straps so there are far more options with the stainless steel, I've ended up going for the stainless steel with white sports band and will probably buy the leather loop next pay day, or should I go black sports band.... Lol

8. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

Wow... That was one long run-on. I feel like I just ran a sprint after reading that.

9. Peterpandy thread starter macrumors member

Peterpandy

Just wanted to confirm my doubts, my mind was already made up to be honest but just needed some reassurance :oops:

10. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

After 25 years wearing Omegas with sapphire crystals I couldn't imagine anything less than that material for a crystal. I have an 18-year old Seamaster Professional with a stainless case that's been beat to hell but the sapphire is perfectly pristine, even after a motorcycle accident that had the watch burn through a racing glove and get dragged across pavement at high speed. Sapphire is the bomb.

11. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

I know. I was just giving you grief for your aversion to punctuation.

12. Peterpandy thread starter macrumors member

Peterpandy

its a web forum, not an English exam. And my aversion to punctuation still managed to get me a BSC :p

13. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

No. SS beginning to end. Stop worrying and get what you know you want. BTW, I think the sport band is fantastic. Classic buckle is nice, I don't regret getting it. But if you want to save money, the sport band is not -settling- and makes for a very nice every day watch.

14. x-android macrumors newbie

ill go ss on the 3rd or later gen.

15. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

It is. I love mine. However, other watches such as you mention bury their crystal in a deep protective bezel. The AW folds it over the top and leaves it exposed for crushing blows that would take out diamond. I would not buy any different, but the designs you describe aren't the same, by necessity to facilitate the watches AW use. Just saying......

16. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Oh, of course you will. Until you hear that the fifth or sixth gen are going to completly eclipse those and you'll wait for those.

17. x-android macrumors newbie

no.

i bought 1st gen. i did not wait for 2nd or 3rd. what youre implying is a moot point. sports for now while the watch is on it's infancy period. it will get better.

i plan on using this 1st gen for 2-3 years if it survives that long. what's the rush? if not, then ill buy gen 2. i dont see them updating no sooner than 18 months so thats proly gen 3 not 5 or 6.

18. redman042 macrumors 68020

I had the SG for two weeks and then switched. I'm on day 2 of using my new SS + LL. I really appreciate and enjoy the nicer materials and the look. I'm not convinced that durability should be a driving factor in your choice - you can damage either by hitting it against a hard material like concrete - but if the look and feel of the SS makes a difference to you, and if you've done your homework and are pretty sure you will like the functionality of the watch, then I'd go for the upgrade. It's something you'll be wearing for a while.

19. redman042 macrumors 68020

The leather loop rocks. First day I had to get used to putting it on and a little clicking of the magnets when I moved, but now on Day 2 it's "broken in" better and I'm much better at putting it on. It is a terrific strap.

20. redman042 macrumors 68020

Damn! That's a testimonial if I ever heard one.