So, what did I just pay for exactly?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by lamerica80, Jul 22, 2011.

1. lamerica80 macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

Sure the swiping and the launch pad, etc is nice and pretty but that feels more like something that should've come as a free upgrade..

Sell me Lion..whats better besides some (minor) GUI bling-bling?

2. Rob9874 macrumors 6502

3. cas85 macrumors regular

shouldn't you answer this before you purchase something? It's one thing not to like what you just paid for, but to be totally clueless about it...

4. Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

Short and accurate :cool:

Honestly, only the 64 bit of iTunes is worth the upgrade IMO. And we will see more and more update that makes app take advantages of the 64 bit architecture. On the long run, it will make native (apple) application a lot faster and more efficient than their 32 counterparts.

5. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

Mate it seems you know about computers as much as I do.. SFA...

So, for us.. it should be the bling bling that matters...

If the cool new "gold crucifix" that came out with Lion is not good enough for you (being "minor" upgrade), no amount of selling is gonna help..

6. lamerica80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

Im not complaining really, theres enough of that here allready :) Im just curious what benefits i get besides the obvious. That 64 bit thing for example was a good point!

And as far as doing research goes..well if its 29 bucks and steve says "pretty cool huh" im reaching for my credit card. :) actually it cud be 200 bucks and id still buy it blind, but then he would need to throw in "this is really neat" too.

7. aristobrat macrumors G5

8. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I wondered the same thing when I bought it, but realize the speed increase in Safari, the 64-bit iTunes update, and the new wallpapers were worth $29 alone. :p

9. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

I just hope the next version of OS (X) is a full update. Tons of new features and a $130 price tag to represent that.

10. LoganT macrumors 68020

The people who say that Lion isn't an upgrade are the same people who upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard. It doesn't make sense to me.

11. Samsumac macrumors regular

You are certainly paying for a much more secure OS than its predecessors. Read up on it ;)