So, what do we do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thewizzy, Jun 26, 2010.

1. thewizzy macrumors member

Do we go ahead and purchase the 4G or do we wait for a possible recall/fix?

2. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

3. glanv macrumors regular

You say the phone works fine, but what about all the people saying it doesn't?

4. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Cry more? The whining on these forums is out of control.

5. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Imma buy one ASAP. I'm confident anything beyond my control will be fixed by Apple.

6. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Will it kill you to wait a few days, perhaps weeks, to see how all this comes out in the wash? Not every single iPhone owner is reporting the issue, but of those that are reporting (at least those from this forum that have responded in the front-page poll) MORE THAN HALF are saying yes, they have problems.

The link in my sig is my experience with my iPhone 4, might offer you some info that's useful, might not.

My advice: if you haven't purchased one yet, wait. Just wait and see what happens over the next 2 weeks, and then come back to the decision again.

I seriously doubt anybody is going to die in the next 14 days unless they buy an iPhone 4, so be patient.

7. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Happens every product launch. I've learned to tune it out. Also, Disneyland eh? Cool. I've got a pass so I'm there all the time.

8. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Instead of asking for a bumper they should be asking for cheese.

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Rules

(Bold mine)

10. alana22 macrumors regular

This.

Just hang on to your phones and see what the new iOS update brings. If it turns out to be a hardware issue, there is no way Apple wouldn't exchange the phones out. The issue is far too widespread now, it's front page news on most sites today.

11. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Haha. That really sounds like a Steve Jobs email. Are you SJ?
    :D

12. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

13. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Honestly mine works fine. I can make my signal strength indication drop, but it's not effected any calls or data that I can determine.

I'm on my second iP4 because the screen on my first one developed fine gray lines running top to bottom when the brightness was turned up past half.

I love the phone anyway and have faith that Apple WILL cure the signal strength indication issue.

14. yentrog31 macrumors regular

yentrog31

sounds like a personal problem...you don't like the OP..you dont like the whiners....sounds like YOU need to take your own advice and scat.

15. glanv macrumors regular

I admit that I get a bit frustrated when people post with questions or ask for advice that only they themselves can answer/decide. However, some people are just plain nasty in their replies and responses. Seriously, some of you guys/girls need to drop the attitude - this is meant to be a forum not an infant school playground!

16. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Actually, the OP asked a legit question. Some people just ask questions for the sake of others deciding for them, and this wasn't the case in this thread.

17. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Why wait?

[​IMG]

:D

18. glanv macrumors regular

I agree, the question was a valid one. I was just trying to make the point that some of the replies I read are completely uncalled for. There is always a polite way to answer.

19. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I completely agree. There's no reason for anyone to call anyone else names. If there's something wrong with what someone says, forget it or report it. It's that simple. :)

20. glanv macrumors regular

The majority of people on here are decent & polite - just a few idiots here & there! :)

To OP: if it helps, I am holding off on getting one. I got the 3G on launch & had to exchange it 3 times due to light-leak & cracks in the back case. A mate of mine waited a few weeks and had a perfect unit. The bad reception issue might be overstated due to the fact that it will be people with issues most likely to make themselves heard. People without issues are busy enjoying the phone!

21. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Which may have something to do with some of the responses. It's nearly reached hysterical levels and some folks are tired of seeing the overreaction and lack of patience of some having relatively minor issues.

22. thewizzy thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for all those who actually responded.

I guess for those that are contemplating their purchase -- if anything does go wrong, apple is always there to exchange the unit regardless. So even if they do need to do a recall, you won't be left out.

Right?

23. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I would say go ahead. Like any product, this one has issues. It seems every time there is a release people flock to nitpicking every flaw the iPhone has. Don't get me wrong this one has some issues. I think the antenna issue is hardware and won't be fixed with a patch. I justify this by saying once I put a case on my phone, the signal loss went away. I was going to put a case on it anyway to prevent breaking the glass, so it wasn't a big deal for me. I don't seem to have any other issues with it. I am very happy with my purchase.

24. thewizzy thread starter macrumors member

Apple's bumper?

25. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Absolutely zero issues with this phone. If you want to buy it and you can afford it then go ahead. If you want to troll around and buy an inferior phone then you're free to do that too.