So, what exactly is the problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eezing, Oct 4, 2011.

1. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

No 4.3" screen?

Ok so you want a bigger screen. I can understand that. I mean, the missing .8 inches is really going to make my birds angry.

No 4G?

Are you on at&t? Guess what, 4G doesn't exists! I know what your thinking... Let's go to Sprint! Oh wait, isn't Sprint's 4G actually HSPA+ and not LTE? Ok, then... Let's go to Verizon! Great, you lucky 5% of the U.S. population who actually reside under their 4G coverage, you're excused.

No Redesign?

Well shoot, you got me there. I too would rather have something other than an iPhone 4S, that still looks like an iPhone 4 (hold the steel and glass, I prefer plastic).

:)

2. Hyuga macrumors regular

Just heads up, there is world outside US too.

I would love to have 4G as its getting quite widely available in some european countries.

3. mrpr0phecy macrumors newbie

I want Siri to run on the iphone 3gs like it did before Apple got hold of it. I'm probably just being selfish.

4. D4F Guest

D4F

The 4 is uncomfortable.
    It looks great yes but only this.

5. eezing thread starter macrumors 6502

eezing

You are correct, I apologize if I sounded ignorant. I'm not familiar with the cell phone industry outside of the U.S.

6. Audi09 macrumors member

4G is the normal now. Its in every major city. You must live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere.
    and a bigger screen. anything over 4inch would have been perfect.

those 2 are BIG and the reason why 4S is a fail

7. X-rated macrumors member

You can have 4g. I like the fact I don't have to charge my phone more than once a day.

8. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

The .8 inches difference in screen size does make a difference. If the 4s screen size was 2.7" instead of 3.5" would you be OK with it?

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Throw in the delay and wait from apples normal launch periods for a device that should've been out last summer.

10. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I for one am incredibly disappointed. I really wanted a larger screen.

11. eksplosions macrumors newbie

.8" on that scale is a lot more real estate.

AT&T is beginning to roll out LTE while VZW has A LOT of the population in high-density populations covered. Even my college town is covered. And Sprint is WiMax, not HSPA+, that's AT&T's so-called "4G" network.

And something fresh would definitely help. It's why I'm considering the Prime instead of this being an immediate sale for me, a devoted Apple user for the better part of the last decade.

The more you know...

12. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Uhhh AT&T has hspa+... yet they still made the 4S w/o it. Guess we'll have to see how the new tech they said allows it to get similar speeds. And where do you get your numbers? Current "4G/hspa+", both AT&T and Verizon have damn near the whole USA covered where they offer their normal services.

13. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

The problem for me is the screen size and the glass body. That said, the 4S is not a fail, it improves on a lot of the points that made the iPhone 4 a great phone. It's just not the iPhone a lot of us would have liked to see.

I can understand that people love the iPhone 4, and they will probably love the 4S, but what about the people that weren't impressed by the iPhone 4 in the first place? Are we not as important as other customers? They had their model, where is ours?

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

If you want a bigger screen, get a tablet. Your iPhone isn't supposed to be a cinema display.

15. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

The iPhone 4S supports the current "4G" standard ... and if you didn't know, it's not the real 4G - and no carrier is currently offering "true 4G"

Just an fyi.

16. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I personally do not want a bigger screen for something portable that I take with me everywhere. If I want a bigger screen plus portability, I use an iPad.

When internet is mobile, like on an iPhone or iPad, I don't care about internet speed. If I can access the internet at "okay" speeds while on the go, I'm very happy. If I want speed, I use Comcast internet.

I feel the iPhone's design is the best on the market right now. Case closed.

17. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

While many would argue otherwise, Apple is NOT a perfect company.

Nor should they be expected to produce perfect products.

That said, they (Apple) are the ones who have elevated most everyone's expectations sky high.

Between all the hype, arrogance, and the portrayal of their products as so far superior to anything else in the sector, it's no wonder their customers have big dreams about "one more thing".

In my opinion "that_ is the problem."

18. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

That's a crap point. I don't want a tablet. I want a phone. Find me a 4-4.7" tablet that makes phone calls and I'll happily buy it... Oh wait, that's called a phone.

19. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You're not familiar with the cell phone industry inside the U.S. either. Look! I see 4G!

[​IMG]

20. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Oh, that's why you can't watch movies or television shows on your iPhone.. oh wait...

21. swester macrumors regular

I'm baffled by this "big screen" complaint as well. Just sounds like Android fans grasping at straws, I suppose.

I'd much, much prefer a higher-res screen than a larger screen. My eyes are still good enough to appreciate the clarity, and my pockets appreciate the smaller real estate!

22. mountains macrumors regular

I live in Dallas, so AT&T's LTE network is a reality.

23. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'm not upset at all. I expected them to keep the same design. I like the glass look. Yeah at first it was a little weird to hold, but I got used to it pretty quick. And now with siri I imagine many people will be holding it a lot less. Just realized my last two sentences makes Siri sound like an STD....

Anyway my only real beef (as of now) is Siri's voice. I hate that choppy computer voice and I was expecting something a little smoother. But that certainly is in no way a make or break for me.

I was not picky about the screen size, I don't have any feelings regarding NFC, and although I want 4G it's not "ready" yet, especially on ATT.

Better processor and a better camera is enough for me right now. Plus more storage for those that wanted that is pretty cool.

I haven't had a chance to watch the keynote (been in the library ALL DAY and forgot my headphones)- was there any mention of RAM?