So When I went to exchange AT&T for Verizon...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eddiexhart, Mar 17, 2012.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

When I waited in line yesterday, I was going to get the 16 GB Wifi.. At the last second I decided to get the AT&T 16 GB... Got home started to have buyers remorse and wanted to get Verizon.. Woke up and went back to exchange for Verizon.. And within a quick second I spit out at the end.. Make it a 32 GB.. :eek:

I think I'm officially satisfied with my purchase. Did all the screen pixel/bleed test. No dead pixels. Very light bleed but nothing to cry about.

Black 32 GB Verizon iPad... $790.. But sooooooo satisfied. :p

2. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Yep, sounds like me. I was dead set on a 16gb, wifi and ended up with a 32gb Verizon 4g. Turns out the Verizon LTE network is twice as fast as the ATT network in my area, so I'm a happy camper. :D

3. Built macrumors 68020

Did you go back to the Grove?

God bless you, dude...That place drives me crazy LOL

4. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Yeah The Grove.. On other days I go else where but thank god it's rainy n cold weather so it was not packed at all. That and I live right up the street. My favorite Apple store is at Century City though. :cool:

5. Built macrumors 68020

Oh yeah, Century City rocks...

I guess the things that drive me the most crazy about the Grove have to do with parking, and getting in and out...

There is always a line of cars trying to get in and finding a space at peak times requires an aggression not seen since Mad Max and Thunderdome...

The ONLY time I ever had a bad Apple experience was at the store at the Grove. One of the nastiest Genius's of all time...I ended up complaining and was treated really well when I went to Century City instead...

I haven't been out yet...on my way to the gym...Rainy and cold? Haven't yet looked outside...Thanks for the heads up, buddy...

Enjoy your iPad 3! I had a ton of Best Buy gift cards so I was committed to buying from Best Buy this time and went to one where I knew the demand would not be quite as high...and it was easy to get in and out...

Stay dry, buddy!

6. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I bet every person who bought a 16gb period got buyer's remorse lol

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Did you vote in this poll yet?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1343130

8. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I find I'm one of the most indecisive people I know, and up to the last second didn't know which model, and color to get. Ended up leaving with a 64gb AT&T in white, and I couldn't be happier! :D

9. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I got a 64 in Black, then last minute, switched 64 in White.

10. scottw324 macrumors 6502

Nope, not everyone. Got a 16 GB AT&T model. Still have 9.8 GB free and most of the Apps that I normally use are already installed. Had a 32 GB wifi model iPad 2 that I never really used the 32 GBs. Most of the time I used about 11 GB maybe and that was with a bunch of apps that I didn't really use a lot. Now with iCloud I can just redownload them again if/when I need them.

Only issue I have is whether or not to keep the AT&T model or switch for a Verizon model. I have 4G in my area apparently, and get about 5.5 Mbps download, 1 Mbps upload with 3 bars of signal so not too bad. Better than what I get on my iphone 4 with 3G. Will probably stick with it but swap to a Verizon model next year with the next version.

11. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I'd say get Verizon. But that's just me. Lol :p

12. PPFee macrumors 6502

PPFee

Congrats! Sorry don't take this as an insult on your knowledge, you should understand why I'm asking. Are you sure that you have 4g LTE in your area and not just 4G HSPA+ , thats what my hspa+ speeds are usually 6/1 up and down.

13. scottw324 macrumors 6502

Oh trust me I am not insulted. still getting up to speed on the LTE thing. As for the 4G, I am pretty sure it is the HSPA+ in my local area. I think the symbol up top will change from 4G to LTE if LTE is available. If I have HSPA+ it will read 4G and if it isn't available it will probably change to 3G.

I looked on AT&Ts website for coverage in my area and it says 4G (not LTE since I think that is only in a few select cities at the moment, hence why I will probably go with a Verizon iPad next year since their LTE network is much larger). As long as I have 4G I am good. I can live with 3G even if I have to.

14. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Mine isn't very specific but it says Los Angeles. Lol

15. beret9987 macrumors regular

I also did the same thing... Went from 32GB wifi in white to a black 32GB with AT&T. I almost got the Verizon one but I'm banking on getting shared data plans sometime this year with AT&T.

16. scottw324 macrumors 6502

I can only hope for shared data plans with the ipad and iphone. I still have a grandfathered unlimited plan with AT&T. :D

17. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You don't really think they'll let you keep your unlimited plan if you want to do shared data, right? :apple:

18. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Where did this alleged rumors of shared plan from AT&T come from?

19. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

20. scottw324 macrumors 6502

Doubtful, but hey, I can hope can't I? :)

To be honest, most of the time I rarely use more than 2-3 GB of data in a month on my iPhone. Only when I travel and I use Netflix a lot. Otherwise I use it to surf these forums or other blogs, emails, imessage, that is about it. But at the same time I am not giving up on my unlimited data plan if I don't have to. Not until they try to pry it from my dead hands. Ok, well maybe not that far but you get the point. :)

21. deeddawg macrumors 604

Engadget also has story on Verizon maybe bringing shared data in 2012.

I bet if one does so the other will follow.

What I don't get is the gross disparity between the bottom layer data options between AT&T and Verizon. 250mb is not much, really only good for very limited usage such as ppl mostly on wifi. $20/1GB is decent, but sorta paled against the old $25/2Gb plan.

I think Verizon offering tethering on prepaid data is either disingenuous or really clever, not sure which. Folks are gonna smoke through those 1GB and 2GB data blocks.... :D

22. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

LOL! Yeah, I'm on the same boat. My unlimited LTE on the new iPad is sweet, but I dont Netflix. But I wonder what good is it when I can't download videos from iTunes or apps bigger than 50MB from the AppStore. I mean, what's up with that?

I'd probably give up unlimited for a decent shared data plan that lets me tether.

23. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Hmmm I still don't see myself personally giving up my old unlimited for shared data. Either way, I hate AT&T but still with it because of my discount and contract.. Lol so iPhone AT&T and Verizon iPad.

I gotta say again, I can't stress how satisfied I am with my exchange for the 32 GB Verizon. :D

24. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Interested to know what Apple's exchange policy is. If I exchange my 32 GB Wi-Fi for a 32GB Verizon LTE, what will it cost me?

Just $130 (plus tax) or is there some restocking fee involved here?

Also, can I transfer my AppleCare+ over?

25. scottw324 macrumors 6502

Wait for the jailbreak to come out and then get My3G. You can download whatever u want then. Tricks the iOS device into thinking it is using wifi.