So where is 10.7.x?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Steve's Barber, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Where is the first update (even though 10.7.2 has been seeded)?

Approaching the one month mark. Seems a bit long. :confused: I've been testing Lion on an external drive ever since day one but it's still too quirky to upgrade permanently for me. I did the same thing with SL and upgraded within a few days as the bugs in it where not troublesome for me. Then, within 10 days we got an update.

I hope this wait means their bug list is long and they are squashing 'em all but I fear iCloud coding might be taking up all their time. :(

2. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

I had a lot of bugs so I went ahead and installed the 10.7.2 dev release on both machines. In the past two weeks the finder has quit and won't reopen, forcing a hard reset twice on the iMac and once on the MBP. This is something that's never happened to me in four years of owning a Mac. I'm really hoping an update fixes Lion.

3. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Or the team went on holiday. :cool:

4. Corridore macrumors newbie

It's odd how they released a developer's build of 10.7.2, yet didn't release a build for 10.7.1. Maybe it's something that they usually do with these types of things, but I don't get why you would skip .1 if you plan on even having one. Could they just be going straight to 10.7.2 (no idea why, though)?

5. 50548 Guest

I already explained this in other threads...Apple will release the coming week or the next a closed bug-fix release called 10.7.1, to be then followed by the beta-tested 10.7.2.

In fact, 10.7.1 was already pretty much ready following Lion's release - in other words, it is just a compilation of bug fixes that could not be included in time for the Golden Master...it will NOT be seeded to developers.

6. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

If I have the 10.7.2. dev update installed with this overwrite it or will it not work at all? Do you happen to know?

7. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

If 10.7.1 fixes most of the bugs in Lion, then the 10.7.0 > 10.7.1 upgrade will actually be more significant than the 10.6.8 > 10.7.0 one :D

8. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Apple can always just release a reversioner that lets you "update" to 10.7.1 like they do with the newer 10.7.2 releases.

9. Corridore macrumors newbie

Thank you. That now makes much more sense.

10. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Do you know this to be the case (for whatever reason), or is that just speculation on your part?

11. Cougarcat macrumors 604

You know this how? There's never been an OS X update not seeded to developers.

12. Sensamic macrumors 68030

I think they have SO MANY bugs to fix that they are taking their time to do so.

I believe we will see 10.7.1 at the end of August or mid September.

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

it's speculation

14. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

that guy is all speculation ,he keeps on saying this week or next week for the past 3 weeks lol

they need to freakin release it already, lion is full of bugs. we need them ironed out.

15. basher macrumors 6502

basher

Can you explain where you're getting your information from?

16. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Two questions:

First, how do you know?

Second, why should we believe you?

17. Lokheed, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011

Lokheed macrumors regular

If you were an actual developer (or could just read well), you'd know that 10.7.2 includes not one single bug fix for Lion. It touches only on iCloud support, absolutely nothing else has been included in the way of fixing Lion bugs...

And for those just randomly throwing out dates and conjecture, Apple will release 10.7.1 when they feel iCloud has progressed far enough along. They are focusing on getting iCloud ready for the Fall, and while it may seem a bit strange that 10.7.2 is available to developers, they had to call it something. The point is Apple is putting all its resources into iCloud (it's a massive, revolutionary new service). A mere bug fix release isn't getting all the attention. This may seem like a departure from Snow Leopard only because at that time, they were a smaller company with less on their plate. Chill people.

18. macmongral macrumors member

Wrong in so many ways

they have altered the graphics between the last two .2 vets as well as a lot of fixes

:D

19. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

No need to be so snappy, I missed the notes. I was just hoping for some fixes at the time because Lion was really buggy, now I know it's still that way because nothing was fixed. Hopefully 10.7.1 will overwrite this when it's released.

20. 50548 Guest

1 - Common sense;

2 - Because my assessment is the most accurate, given the circumstances - what may ALSO happen is that 10.7.2 serves as a global test base for bug fixes, which would then be forked down as both 10.7.1 (bug fixes) and 10.7.2 (iCloud). However, pretty much every developer out there is saying that 10.7.2 is not fixing any of the bugs reported by people, so the post-Golden Master 10.7.1 is, as I said before, the most logical solution.

21. Steven Jackson macrumors 6502

Thought you'd end up being right when I read this thread a few days ago...

Well called, sir!

Steve.

22. Steve's Barber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep. Some of us owe you an apology. In hindsight you were correct.

Haven't downloaded yet. Now I'll see if I can officially upgrade to Lion.

23. MaxBeagleton macrumors member

Actually, I think BRLawyer said yesterday that 10.7.1 would be released next week or the following. He was correct that it would not be seeded to developers.

I'm not sure too many folks thought it would be hatched today.

24. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Ah, at least you admit you're just speculating and had no basis in fact.

You know the saying--even a broken clock is right twice a day . . .

25. Steve's Barber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Naw... you gotta' cut the guy some slack. I've never seen an update released into the wild like this before. With 10.7.2 already out it makes sense now.

That said....

10.7.1 DID NOT FIX THE THINGS I NEEDED IT TO FIX!!!!

And seeing all the reports that 10.7.2 has none of the fixes either... it all makes sense.

WE WILL NEED TO WAIT FOR 10.7.3 :eek: