so where's the jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by joshwithachance, Jan 5, 2011.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I don't need an unlock or anything, but I really want biteSMS and the HTC weather widget lol. Is a jailbreak ever coming? :/

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Tethered JB has been out for a while now.
    Untethered in the works still.

3. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

I'm with ya! I still am jailbroken on 4.1. I would love to have AirPlay!

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Search and yer shall find. Just a little looking and you'll find all think info you need. Start with the Dev-team blog.

5. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

too bad the Dev-team blog is almsot unreadable with how un-organized it is. and I'm shocked that there's still no un-tethered jailbreak, since the tethered version came out November 23rd. Tethered means every time I turn the device off I have to do it all over again, right?

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Explain to me Why are you "Shocked"???

Have you ever code a Jailbreak? Do you know what need to be done in order to accomplished an untethered Jailbreak? Have you ever reversed engineered any ARM code after it have been compiled?

Please open my eyes and explain to me where is the "Shocking" part?

7. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

because it never takes 3 months... that's why I'm shocked.

8. maturola, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011

maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

LOL... Really?

It used to take a Lot longer before, and the tools weren't this friendly. This is one of the very few times we actually got a JB from the same day that the Firmware was release.

Nothing "Shocking" about it, specially with the holidays in the middle with the "Volunteers" take off to stay with their families.

*Not to mention that from Nov 23er to Jan 5th is just about 1 1/2 months, not even close to 3 momths

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Dont be shocked, you work on it and give us an untethered one faster please.
    Common, whats taking you so long:D

10. byrdjr222 macrumors member

The jailbreak is already out, the tethered aspect isnt even that big of a deal if you dont restart too often. I have had the jailbreak for over a month now and I have only had to boot tethered probably 4 times, with one of them being after the original jailbreak.

The tethered jailbreak is out and you can get bitesms and htc weather widget as I have them both on my phone right now, you dont have to be untethered to be jailbroken.

Beggers cant be choosers...

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

Seculation rummor
    Dev-team is also working on improving there's. IE untethered
    Geohot also supposedly working on one.
    Improved Greenpois0n in works.

But there is still room for you to your own jailbreak feel free.

Honestly the people that hack do it for the challenge. They have lives jobs family's if I was a hacker everytime somebody asked me how long. I'd say longer no jailbreak for you. I'm so sick of people that feel they deserve or are entitled too a jailbreak-unlock now.

12. choice, Jan 5, 2011

choice macrumors regular

I'm sure you would be saying thing as the others if you just got a new iPhone and it didn't have a JB or unlock yet. :rolleyes:

EDIT: saying "the same" thing...

oops

13. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

I wonder what happened to Comex, he was aiming for the 25th, but i gues something bad happened and it's much harder than he thought. cuz it's been a long time since then.

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

I wouldn't like it more then anybody but I would deal with it. but your right I been jailbroken since my 3G phone I then waited to sell my old device till a jailbreak is out for my new one I waited 3 months after the I4 came out. I exchanged my 3gs and my iPhone 4 because of issues. I have played it smart for 3 years being careful about upgrading so I never had to really deal with being without a jailbreak. however I don't honestly expect anything from the Dev-Team I just hope. one day the Dev-team may quit there nonpaying job and they might or might not be replaced. in the end all good things have to come to a end. for me no jailbreak no iPhone because SJ will never give me the freedom I want. but Dev-team owes me crap!

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

Comex said before the 25th he was going to miss his deadline. Over the holidays he went on Vacation with his family no internet. he got back around New years and hasn't honestly said much about it. some are saying he waiting till 4.3 but he might be having a life God forbid!

16. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I think your experience and opinions match that of the majority of iPhone users, it matches mine to be sure. Like you, if jb goes away, so will my iPhone.

17. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

I don't know who in their right mind has the luxury of actually buying an iPhone knowing they need an unlock to use it when there isn't even a unlock available for their situation yet.

But whoever does should probably have the luxury of waiting for a free unlock. Otherwise there are plenty of android phones out there you can unlock with some software and an IMEI.

18. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

lol, or we are smart and buy day one idevices so we have all shsh's and all exploits on our devices? o and personally i wouldnt buy an apple product unless i bought it within the first month of release.

19. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure where I read or heard this but isn't comex a pretty young guy? Late teens to early-mid twenties? For those that keep asking about jb, just remember back to when you were in that age range. Would you really have been wanting to sit at home on a Friday night trying to reverse engineer a iPhone? Let's not forget you wouldn't be getting paid to do this either, it's strictly volunteer work basically! I don't figure most of you would! I know when I was that age, it'd just been to heck with it! I'm going to have a life!

20. labman macrumors 604

labman

yes Comex is fairly young late teens. he is mature in my opinion but still young lots of things I wanted to do in my younger years. college, girls, sports, and on if the guy wants to have a life I'm fine with it. that why I say people bugging the hackers could kill it. very small group of people that can find the exploits or want to.

21. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You got an new Iphone and doesn't have JB and unlock? That's the way it was meant to be! No one should ever expect from the dev-team of releasing a JB/unlocking tool for them. You took it for granted.

And to OP: Don't be shock because you can always make a tool for the public. Let us give you 2 weeks for the tool since 3 weeks is too long.

22. choice macrumors regular

Yes that's fine but I don't blame people who are very anxious since the Devs keep updating everyone that a new JB or unlock is coming out. If they want people to back off, state that a new one won't be released in the future instead of an estimated released date.

23. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

WTF really?!? All of the jb app developers, cydia, even the bad companies we dont talk about in this forum all depend on phones being jailbroken to make their money.

I understand we make a small percentage of iPhone users but I have spent well over 80.00 on cydia apps and tweaks.

How many phones are jailbroken, how much money is at stake. I find it hard to believe the people profiting on jb apps like intelliborn are not somehow funding these guys.

If they are doing this for free I cant understand why, this is not a charity, its a business.

24. gngan, Jan 5, 2011

gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Its business to those who sell apps or take donation (Geohot). I cant say the dev team is funded by these people because i dont know. But i wouldn't make assumption for something that i am have no information on.

When does updating website means they are liable to do what is said? You can write that you are releasing a JB tomorrow and not do it.