So who is getting Street Fighter 4? EDIT: And for which system?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I'm seriously considering it, at the very least I will rent it. PS3 version for me, as that is the only current-gen console I own. :)

I still rock SF2 Turbo on my SNES from time to time, so I think I will enjoy this.

On the other hand, when is Tekken 6 coming out?

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Despite loving the originals there's no way I will pay full price for it. It will be fun but short and shallow.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Actually I have noticed that over here, the new releases this coming months are being sold at reduced cost - compared to what is set as 'normal' pricing before they even released.

Killzone 2, F.E.A.R 2, SSF IV, Resident Evil V etc.... are all being sold online for around €35 which is a remarkable price difference to the €59 that usually accompanies new releases.

So I'm getting SSF IV :)

edit...... oh what version you say....

Well I'll buying the PS3 version :) and of course I will also be buying Killzone 2 on ps3 obviously..

F.E.A.R 2 & Res Evil 5 will both be bought for the 360.
    Simply because going on their demo's they look graphically superior and in F.E.A.R's case it also has a smoother framerate over the PS3 version.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm getting it...I missed out on 3rd strike and the expansions but I'm feeling to dragon punch somebody.

KZ2 and SFIV are the only games I'm getting....PS3 version of course I would never ever buy a fighting game for the X360 and that horrid D pad.

Bless

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I will likely get it on PS3 but I'm not 100% on if I will get it. HD Remix is keeping me busy still.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Neither :p
    I'm sticking with SFA3 on the PSP for now.

7. RRutter macrumors 6502

Yes I am. On Xbox 360, because of the way better online community it has compared to the Playstation 3.

I do own both though - I actually own all consoles. But that's besides the point :D:D

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I'm buying it for a friend -- I owe him big time. He's the only person I know that has arcade sticks for a PC.

My other friend is getting it for his PS3.

If Capcom also brought Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to the US, I would be one happy turkey.

9. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

The more footage I see, the more excited I get about this game. I'll definitely get it very soon after it comes out. Looking forward to some online matches! :D Until then I'll keep playing Turbo on my SNES - such great fun!

Killzone2 fell off my radar for now. I'm sure it's a great game, but I am saturated with first person shooters for the time being.
    RE5 I am kind of undecided about. I'll wait for some reviews, cause the demo didn't really impress me as much as I had hoped.

10. dubs macrumors member

I am getting it Day 1, for the 360, I even got a great deal on the TE stick, can't wait!

11. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

i will have to rent it for my ps3 before i decide to purchase it.

i have yet to see a fun enough street fighter since street fighter 2 turbo for my super nintendo system.

if the street fighter game fails to entertain, im going to buy that naruto fighter that looks really good.

12. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I mean I want to get it for my PS3... I love the Street Fighter gameplay. But I have a few things deterring me...
    1. I don't have enough friends that play fighting games...
    2. If I get it, i'll want to get at least one joystick, if not two, making it much pricier
    3. I mean how long can I really play a fighting game like this for...

So I'm still undecided about buying it, but if I do, it will be for PS3.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You play SF games until you get really damn good at them. You're not buying a game, more a football and you gotta practice with that 1 thing until you can pwn everyone ;)
    That said SFA3 and the crossover games had loads of depth by the sheer abundance of fighters. SF4 seems much more like a 3D version of 2 in this way.

14. dubs macrumors member

If any y'all want some Hadouken's in your face on 360, my gt is: duberto

I'm not real good but I really like SF , I also have HD Remix if you want to play before then.

15. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

The three IGNs (US, UK, AU) posted their reviews, and they're 9.0, 9.3 and 9.5.

I'm getting excited! :)

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

So I guess we could have ourselves a little SFIV(PS3 version) square off....let me tell ya'll...I'm a mean Ken player and I love to dragon punch people in the face.

One of the new characters I'm really interested in is Abel....his style seem fast and technical which I like.

I'm so glad they didn't go the 3D way because I hate 3D fighters.

Bless

17. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

I'll definitely be up for some online matches! :)

I need to practice though... :eek:

18. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

My thoughts exactly. Plus as a working guy, I don't have time to get a group of friends over to play with me, which I bet is the most fun aspect of the game. Heck most of my former SF2 buddies don't even play videogames anymore.

And then the final nail in the coffin for my purchasing decision are Killzone 2 and RE5 coming out. I'm not quite finished playing Motorstorm: Pacific Rift or LBP either. So between having way too many great games to play, and SF4 being a bit shallow, I'll wait til the used copies hit ebay.

19. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

I got it today for my PS3. I loved SFII, and this game does an incredible job of taking me back to the gameplay of II with fantastic graphics, and just enough stuff in the game to keep me coming back for more. It's going to be a task unlocking all of the characters, but so far, I don't mind it at all. I was a little iffy at first, as to whether i was going to buy it, but so far, so good!

20. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I actually thing I might, but not until after I buy Killzone 2.

And for PS3 (of course). I can't stand the 360 dpad!

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

My PS3 version just shipped..... :D

Probably take a week or so to get here though.. I'm still awaiting F.E.A.R 2 and that shipped exactly a week ago :rolleyes:

22. Chic0 macrumors 6502

I wasnt planning to, but after seeing reviews and various Youtube vids, i decided to take the plunge. Hoping it will keep me entertained as much as Soul Calibur 4.

I still prefer Tekken over SF but willing give this new SFIV a bash as Tekken 6 not out for a while yet.

23. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

I can't wait!

My birthday is on Saturday, so I am not allowed to buy anything for myself right now. But if I don't get it then, I will buy it next week! :D

24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Happy BD man...hope you enjoyed it.

I got the game Friday and like I expected its good. This game brings in a lot of nostalgia and still feel fresh. I've unlocked just about everyone except the spammer of a boss Seth and Gouken.

I'll try online later, I had to turn the online status off because its like you get bombarded with challengers when you leave it on.

Overall its a good game.

Bless

25. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I got it for PS3 and I absolutely love it. A perfect mix of nostalgia and new gameplay/sprites. Even the cut scenes/back story is perfectly anime cheesy. It's been a good 10 years since I was an arcade junky but it's amazing how little one forgets the moves. The cerebellum is awesome. Controls suck with a gamepad though - a good stick is my next purchase.