So, who is rocking their iPod touch 4 naked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ohaithar, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

I am, I hate cases. I think the only thing I'll put on my touch will be a screen protector.

[​IMG]

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Not my iPod Touch, but I do use my iPhone while naked and my iPhone has a Marware case.

3. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

I'm rocking it naked until I get the 99 cent silicone case, and replace it under warranty (for clicking and light leak problems) when the case arrives. Then I'll put the case right out of the box and zero scratches! :D This is too thin for me, I need at least a rubbery case(and not thick) to get a grip

4. applealex macrumors regular

I've never ever used a case on any iPod, I don't like the feel of cases, and they make the device thicker, I'd rather have it naked

I've owned mine since the 14th an so far the only damage is a couple light scratches on the back, If Apple was already selling cheapish iPod touch 4 case when I ordered mine I probably would've gotten it but I couldn't find any so oh well

I'm curious why Apple didn't make a case for the iPod touch. there's the iPad case and the bumper but no iPod touch case... hmmm

5. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I rock it naked half the time. Though when I'm at work, and out and about, I put a case on it so i can set it down anywhere without worrying about the surface raping the chrome.

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Let us know how your return goes. I have two clicking iPods, but no light leaks.

7. ohaithar thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

How bad are your light leak problems?

8. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

Right now it's naked but I plan on putting a screen protector on, and maybe something really thin and clear on the back, similar to the screen protector. I too hate thicker cases.

9. joshuarobi macrumors regular

10. Bitcrusher macrumors member

I do but only beacuse I havent found any cases for it here =(

11. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

value goes down when ipod touch gets scratched. Bad for re sell. I always put case on mines.

12. Bitcrusher macrumors member

Although I have temporary felt cases my mom made for my ipod <3 LOL

13. SoraLimit macrumors regular

Only leaving it naked until my case arrives. I can't stand the fact that the back is extremely scratch and fingerprint prone. With my old iPod touch, I didn't have to worry about that.

14. kelving525 macrumors regular

I would leave it naked IF the back isn't scratched so easily, but I'm satisfied with my Belkin GripVue. :rolleyes:

15. RayLancer macrumors member

I would but I want a case to cover up some of the faint light leakage my ipod has. Hopefully the 2nd ipod im getting tomorrow will fair better.

16. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

The device is so thin that I almost find it hard to hold without a nice case.

I hate soft rubber cases, makes it hard to get in and out of my pocket.

Just picked up the Griffin Reveal which is nice.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/reveal-touch4g

I also like that this case, and most cases, allow you to lay the iPT face-down.

(Also have a screen protector on my iPT)

P.S. OP, your thread is not turning out as you expected...right?

17. ohaithar thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

I actually thought this would happen. It's understandable that people use cases. I guess I'm in the minority that doesn't use cases

18. ravenas macrumors regular

Except for some screen and back protectors (mostly just thin skins), I'm keeping mine au natural.

I found a little sleeve bag at Target today that's perfect for keeping it protected in my purse. I even have room to stick my MiFi and a dustcloth in a separate pocket.

My iPad has lived inside its Apple case since I bought it. Works ok but makes the device a bit bulkier than I'd like. So my iPod is roaming free.

I'm not thinking of reselling it. My Touch replaces an old HP iPaq PocketPC I had been using the last 3-4 years. I figure I'll use it until I can't anymore and then pass it along to a niece or nephew.

19. Ds92 macrumors member

I can't find any cases at where I am. It already has a few little scratches on the back but it doesn't really other me.

What i really want a case for, is to cover the light leak!

20. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Not really noticeable, two small dots that will add up to a millimeter or so that is only visible from right angle.

21. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

I use a noname sock like the Apple ones. That way it is scratch-proof and can get naked in 1 sec. :D

22. RayLancer macrumors member

Dust is starting to get between the crack of the glass and bezel. I just took scotch table and ran it along the sides so that no more dust can come in while my case is arriving.

The iPod touch is a beautiful piece of hardware that I'd like to show off naked but now I'm beginning to see why cases sell so well.

23. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

Some people don't resell. I always give my older devices to family members whenever I upgrade.

24. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

25. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

Same here. Don't worry about it.