So Who's Going to Keep Their 3GS and 4.+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlindMellon, Jun 6, 2011.

1. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Me. I see nothing "revolutionary" or earth shattering in 5.0 that I don't already have with a jail break.

Thanks for saving me $500 Steve!

2. zOdeac macrumors member

I will be keeping my unlocked and Jailbroken phones and i will be buying a new phone but with the changes its forcing me to buy an unlocked version.

More and more i find my self overseas or out of ATT /T-mobile area. Rogers in Canada.

I will be buying the new phone but I WILL NOT upgrade my 3GS phones so i have a back out plan if crap hits the fan.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Depends if 5.0 runs like crap on the 3GS. Hopefully I'll have a new iPhone [5] by then though.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If iOS5 runs on the iPhone 3Gs anything like iOS4 did on the 3G, you can count me out. :D

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

6. JASApplications macrumors 65816

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

For me, it depends on the data plans. If the new iPhone has HSPA+ and ATT allows grandfathering your old unlimited plan. I will probably upgrade just because of that.

As far as upgrading due to iOS5, nope. My jailbroken iPhone 4 does everything I need.

8. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

I'll be keeping my iPhone 4. Assuming that next iPhone is a minor revision. I can ride the current one until next year's major refresh

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Yep, sticking with my jailbroken 3GS as well. I've got it right where I want it, have the shsh's saved from 3.1.3 all the way up to 4.3.3, and while I think the announcements today were definitely a step in the right direction, they didn't completely blow me away either.

While they overhauled the notifications system, from what I've read, they STILL haven't included a quick reply SMS feature, so that's a deal breaker for me right there. I could be wrong, however, and just missed that part.

I'm due for an upgrade in September, but I'll probably just hang out with my 3GS until next year or whenever the next "great" hardware upgrade comes along.

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I'll probably keep my ip4 for awhile as a back-up then sell it.

11. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

I'm probably going to get an iPhone 4 on ebay once the iPhone 5 comes out.
    Right now, unlocked iP4s are really expensive, and theres no way I'm signing a contract with AT&T/ Verizon. I'm good with my unlimited T-Mobile plan for my 3GS. :)