Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DNSgeek

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2009
USA
AT&T is currently outfitting the east coast frames with 4G equipment. I live next to a cell site and talked to the guys swapping out the antennas with a giant crane, as well as the network tech working in the frame. It's closer than you think... :)

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
That second picture with the battery cover really looks like a game & watch from the good old days :p

superstrikertwo

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2008
California
AT&T is currently outfitting the east coast frames with 4G equipment. I live next to a cell site and talked to the guys swapping out the antennas with a giant crane, as well as the network tech working in the frame. It's closer than you think... :)

Ok random guy who just signed up...

bmcgrath

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
London, United Kingdom
I think we will be sticking with 3G for quite a while yet. 4G is not even being used by public yet. It's currently under testing here in Ireland at the moment and going live towards the end of 2009 afaik but only for data. No voice.

Europe on the whole is still optimizing their 3G networks so an iPhone 4G is waaaay off I'd say. And with a recession R&D for 4G networks has prob slowed down.....

slashjunior

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2007
I'm not ready for that phone Ewwwww :D

I would prefer this instead...

Haha! Awesome. A slide out keyboard like that would be great. As much as I love the iPhone it is still a pain to write a bunch of emails on a keyboard would solve this. Plus it would also kill the Blackberry. It is one of the few things that is keeping Blackberry alive.

weiview

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2009
Here is my idea.

Attachments

• iPhone_third.jpg
    iPhone_third.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 264

jlwillia

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Here is my idea.

Really? So you changed the shape slightly and put a Leopard background on the home screen? Oh, and it looks like that might be a metal back. I think it will be a more drastic change in the hardware or people won't buy it....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.