So why are you buying the iPhone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Locoboof, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

well for me I have a serious problem with I need to have anything new by apple.

- I want it for the new improved speakers cause my current iPhone speakers are so low I dont even use the speakerphone

- yes faster Internet cause I'm away from home atleast 13 hours a day and I buy things on line and answer emails so much I need it faster

- I hope it has just improved functionality cause I have a problem whenever I go to answer my call waiting it is a 60% chance it will answer, the other 40% it locks up my iPhone and I have to power it off and reset it.

-and bigger memorey I have a 8gb I'll get the 16gb this time around....then again once apple releases a new iphone 9 months later I'll end up getting that one

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

1) 3G. I use Safari so much when im away from my house. Probably 5 times as much as i make phone calls and text.

2) GPS. Was going to get a nav system for my car, but this will work fine.

3) More space. I currently have a 4G phone.

4) I like the way it looks.

5) I have to get it, because im getting to paid in line (getting it when it comes out for sure) and to review it. (see sig)

3. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

3G and GPS.

My life is pretty much online. EDGE just doesn't cut it (especially with the sites that are poorly written in the first place).

I'm completely dependent on my GPS. Unfortunately, it's like five years old. So much has changed in my area. For example, I can get from my house to a school, but I can't get back. I also use it if there's like an accident and I'm beginning to run a little late. Unfortuantely, it also takes about five minutes to find my position.

4. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Because I'm a gadget nut and general lover of all thinks Apple and I have the necessary disposable income to buy toys without going into debt. :)

Mark

5. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

/agreed

But yes I could use the 3G speeds...(yay for full Boston coverage)
    GPS is nice too...i remember one time I wowed someone with my advanced google mapping skills on the phone and I ended up sending her in the opposite direction she was supposed to go. Boy I felt stupid lol.
    I also like the uniform color on the back of the phone now as well.

6. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Cause I'm in Canada and in need of a new phone( mine's a little flaky )

7. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Here here.....agree 100%

8. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

1, Check.
    2, Check.
    3, Check.
    4, Check.

Bring on July 11th,

R-Fly

9. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I don't even have a first gen iPhone. Now this one is more affordable [up front]

10. claybo macrumors newbie

i had the same iPod for 4 years and it just broke
    i have wanted an iPhone since they came out
    next year is my first year in college
    and they are just awesome

11. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

I have two 8GB iPhones.
    One for Me, one for my Wife.
    I live in an EDGE only location.
    My wife works in a 3G location.
    She could use a Audible Turn by Turn Map program instead of calling me each time she needs to get directions.
    For the other things, some are nice, but I will probably take a 'Wait and See' attitude. This site may provide some good reviews for that purpose.
    Otherwise, I could just wait until my 8GB fills up with Apps (if it does), and by then, there may be a 32 GB model available anyway.
    The Apps will probably create the demand for more memory. It will give Apple another chance to make Upgrade Money.
    We are driven by the features, a Company is driven by the Money. Apple certainly likes money.

12. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

1) Ive had my current VZW phone for the past 2 years. Ive been dying to get a new phone, since my current one is scratched and dying slowly. The iphone came out last year, but i was still in contract when it came out.

2) I get lost a lot. GPS would help me out, and I dont want one of those navigation things stuck in my old car. It'll look funny :eek:

3) I know it'll be really helpful with school and life in general

OMG!! Im so excited, Im getting goosebumps

13. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I'm buying an iPhone 3G because right now I have a launch day 4GB scratched/dented iPhone. I feel that the 3G iPhone for me is a significant upgrade.

1) Faster internet, I can't wait to take advantage of the 3G in my area.
    2) GPS, I often don't know where I am lol,so this will help alot.
    3) Improved speaker quality would be amazing because I often use the speakerphone and would like it louder than it is currently
    4) Improved voice quality/reception, I often get dropped calls in my room so this would be great for me
    5) I would like to take advantage of the 2.0 software on a new phone rather than the one I have
    6) 4GB isn't cutting it and won't cut it so by getting the new iPhone I can quadroople my amount of GB
    7) It's the newest and greatest phone!!! Being one of the first with it is also a little bonus lol and it's Apple's latest and greatest!!!

That's why I am getting the iPhone 3G Black.

14. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

1) I get lost a lot

2) they look cool

3) I need it for buisness

4) to rub it in my mates face cus' i sold him a fake ( L O L )

15. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

Because I let the first one go by because of the price and I really didn't NEED it.

16. djuarez03 macrumors regular

1.) 3G - I love having the internet in my pocket, and with 3G speeds, I'm going to love it even more.

2.) Potential of App Store on 3G - I currently use Orb Live on my phone and would love to have a good quality "mobile TV" anywhere I go! The potential of this phone is unimaginable. In my opinion, this is truly the first "Pocket PC", and it's even better than a PC because it's a Mac!

17. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

-ditto, that would be great to have some type of slingbox device now that 3g would allow it with faster speeds

18. agbot macrumors regular

* I skipped the first gen phone since I didn't really need it and said to myself at the time I'll buy it as soon as it has GPS

* App Store

* I'm tired of lugging around both a cell phone and my iPod... looking forward to combining them into one. The 16GB iPhone won't store all my music but it's close enough.

19. aforty macrumors 65816

Having Google Maps in my pocket and have it know where exactly I am: absolutely priceless to me!
    Second most important reason: consolidation.

So 3G, GPS and consolidation in that order.

20. DubbleDuecer macrumors member

Because I sold my Iphone the day before WWDC anticipating a new iphone with many new features. No 3g support here, so i guess GPS. Id be really pissed if it was 400$ or more though. At least now i sold mine for 375 and will be "making" some money now. Well the cash will be going toward the more expensive bill but whatev.

21. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I'm moving to the UK at the end of July and, since my current iPhone won't work with 02 over there, I'm forced to get a new one. I think the App store looks cool and 3G will definitely be a plus, but the fact that 02 is giving them away for free when you sign up for certain tariffs is the only motivation I need!

22. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

"So, why are you buying the 3G iPhone?" "Because I can!" LOL :p

23. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

1. It's only $300 (I paid this much for my iPod touch) - and yes, I'm upgrade eligible! :D

2. It has 3G - I spend a lot of time online.

3. It has GPS - I was gonna buy a navigational system for my car, but I hope this will suffice

4. I need a new phone - I've been working with this Samsung Blackjack since December 2006. Time for an UPGRADE!!

5. I sold my iPod touch - so now I have no choice! :D

24. number9 macrumors 6502

I'm getting one because I don't have an iPhone and I've been waiting very, very, very, patiently since last June to get one.

I think the biggest things for me will be the Mobile Safari and GPS. Soooo many times I've wanted access to the internet while out and about. Also, the Apps, with specifically an AIM client, so if I'm travelling for work I can still keep in touch in another way besides email and calling.

25. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I didnt buy a 1st gen because I wanted to wait til they improved them and I wanted 3G, so my reasons for buying this one are:

1) 3G. I swore when I got rid of my old Edge phone and got a 3G Razr, I would never go back to Edge again. I have no patience for slow connections LOL

2) My Razr is really a pain to text on, use the internet or listen to music so it will be nice to be able to use these features in a much more user-friendly interface

3) I dont have an ipod and with my increasing need to be away from my computer, I want one so I can bring along my music

4) Im an Apple virgin, so I really curious to finally get my feet wet and start seeing for myself what all the fuss is about with Apple products.

4) Its just cool :D