Software that allows you to "tweak" your video inputs? iSight, doc camera, etc.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by quantum003, Sep 6, 2009.

1. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

Hi guys,

I've been working to get a document camera plugged into my computer, and I just got it working via a Canopus box. The Canopus box takes the s-video and sends the signal through firewire to my Mac.

But the image is upside down. Flipping the camera around would be very inconvenient... is there any program I can get that will allow me to invert the video signal? Also, what's the best way to display a video signal on the screen? I'm using screen capture software so I want the video image on the screen while I'm recording. So far I have only figured out iChat --> Video Preview. It seems to me there should be something more handy... with maybe a few zoom buttons, reflect image, that sort of thing...

Thanks!

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

iGlasses by Mcamm

It's a great add-on to any application which uses the system's video resources (iChat, QuickTime, PhotoBooth, etc.). You can make just about any modification to the video input, including rotate, mirror, invert.

It's not yet Snow Leopard compatible, but they're working on it. If you're still on 10.5, no problem.

3. quantum003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

quantum003

That's exactly what I am looking for. I am at 10.6 but I might boot up from another disk just to use that program. Thanks! :D

4. quantum003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

quantum003

5. quantum003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

quantum003

What a bummer... I re-installed Leopard, then set everything up on the new partition to accommodate iGlasses... and then found out upon launching that it doesn't work for "DV" sources, just iSight cameras. :eek::p

Thanks again though Gr8fly, much obliged for your help anyway. It just seems like it should be such a simple thing to do... I can't believe it's such a difficult a feat to accomplish.

I just need my video input flipped horizontally! Please Apple please! :D

6. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    I have iGlasses 2.1.2 and they claim that it works in Photo Booth but I cannot get it work. It works find in other apps like Skype.

Is it working for you ?

Thanks,
    Tex

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Check their manager app (iGlasses Manager) and see if Photo Booth is enabled.

8. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

yes it is.

9. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

a little up.

Is yours iGlasses working in PhotoBooth ? I cant get it run there.

Oh it doesn't work in SL:

ok at least it's a known bug.

10. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Does anyone have any update from ecamm on when iGlasses will be working? I know it's only been three weeks, but I forgot how much I used it.

I tried emailing them, but no answer...