Software Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mrderisory, Sep 11, 2009.

1. mrderisory macrumors member

I just got done reformatting my laptop and am in the leeeeeeeeengthy process of installing all the updates (I have Tiger)....

Well Software Update is claiming there are no more updates available to me. But this is not true. Thats not true I have Safari 3.04!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I make this thing realize there is updates to give me!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Go directly to Safari's page in Apple.com and download it directly. Also, I think Safari 4 requires Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard (I can be wrong with this one)

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I know sometimes that if Apple applications are removed from /Applications, the updates may not be registered/identified correctly. Safari.app is in /Applications, right? It also hasn't been renamed in Finder? As jav6454 recommended, try downloading the update manually @ www.apple.com/safari/download. You do need to have 10.4.11 and Security Update 2009-003 or later installed. Security Update 2009-005 was released just yesterday.

4. mrderisory thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tip. No I've not changed the name of safari or anything.....

My concern is Safari is something I can tell it hasn't downloaded. Nor has it downloaded the new ITunes, and porbably several security updates. I am wanting to know if their is a way to "reboot" software update

It seems to not realize it hasn't provided me everything

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Safari 4 is compatible with Tiger.