Solar Watch Face

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ManicMarc, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

Does anybody here use it regularly? I think it's one of the most beautiful Watch faces, especially early in the morning and at dusk. The problem is it has no room for complications. Do you agree there's room at the bottom for a long text complication? This would make it the perfect watch face in my view.

[​IMG]

2. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

Ive not used it once. Tell a lie, I literally just put it on now but its a bit boring as its 21:01 here lol

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's my favorite Watch face. I appreciate how accurate it is and interesting to see the position of the Sun. Complications would be a nice add on.

4. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

I've never thought about using it until I read this post. I like it. I'll try for a couple days and see how it is. Thanks for the info.

5. pcall1128 macrumors 6502a

pcall1128

I love this face. I agree it's the best when suns coming up/going down, the colors are beautiful. Complications would be cool, but I also like the simplicity of it

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I do appreciate the clean interface as well. Less clutter versus the other Watch faces.

7. arman94 macrumors regular

This is one of the best Watch Faces, however, it is lagging on Apple Watch first generation starting from WatchOs 3, so it is unusable.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

What makes it unusable?

9. arman94 macrumors regular

5fps, lagging when returning from home screen.

10. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

Honestly, that watch face makes me want to go get an Apple Watch.

11. clauzzz203 macrumors 6502

Check out the jellyfish one too. Although the Solar face is more interesting…

Attached Files:

12. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. I haven't noticed any lag though. And this is my favorite Watch Face, which I use regularly.

13. arman94 macrumors regular

Yes
    This lag begins from WatchOs3. Last week I was at Apple Store and i have noticed that is works perfectly with Apple Watch Series 1 and 2

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Before Watch OS 3, I never noticed it, which was while ago. But it's seamless in my experience.

15. ManicMarc thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have this problem on my first generation. Try wiping and restoring the watch. The home screen animation is surprisingly complex: the clock icon on the home screen animates in to become the sun on the watch face.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 19, 2017 ---
    Do I get commission? :)

16. arman94 macrumors regular

Ok will try now
    --- Post Merged, Feb 19, 2017 ---
    So, i have re-paired Watch. Still the issue exist>>https://www.dropbox.com/s/7h0igbp8l6s7jye/Video 19.02.17, 20 25 23.mov?dl=0

17. Thai macrumors 65816

Thai

18. 0003462 Suspended

It was one of the reasons I wanted one too. It's one of the faces that makes me more aware of time.

As others have said, the first gen frame rate is a shame though.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 20, 2017 ---
    The only solution I've found to get smooth animations is to have few - or, ideally, no - other watch faces running (and few complications within these), and few apps within the dock.

19. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

But alas, I will probably never own another watch. I always break the band so I stop buying them about 25.6 years ago

20. arman94 macrumors regular

Lag when switching from home screen to watch face

21. Swisspo macrumors 6502

Swisspo

The solar face is definitely one of my favorites. I'll switch off every now and then but always find myself switching back to that one. It has a clean sophisticated look & feel to it.

22. hxlover904 macrumors regular

I agree about wishing it had complications. It was the first face I tried when I bought my watch. Eventually I settled on the chronograph in large part because of the lack of complications on the solar face. It is a very pretty and elegant face.

23. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

...agree with you 100%!

24. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple can easily expand on the adding complications. Although, I do feel adding complications to the Solar Face is more intrusive clutters such a unique looking Watch face. I do like the clean look to it.

25. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

They could probably add a couple of complications to the bottom of the face. I really like the Solar face, but I find myself relying on the complications most days. I guess it's a good weekend/vacation watch face for me.