sold iPhone 3g AT&T on ebay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Netherscurial, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Netherscurial macrumors newbie

Hello,

I sold my Iphone 3g on ebay. Is it normal to take the SIM card out before you send, because that's tied to your account? Or is it safe to send it to the buyer?

Also the buyer is saying he wants a refund of $5 for not including the SIM card. Does carriers charge that much for SIM cards?

Thanks!

Kevin

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I wouldn't send your sim card. But if you didn't say it was coming without it and the buyer wants a sim card then just go to an AT&T store and ask for a new sim, and send it to him unactivated.

3. quizzi macrumors regular

quizzi

AT&T has their sim cards listed for $5.95 on their website.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

As long as the SIM is inactive, then you can include it. The only downside is that the person would know your # number if you include it. If you don't mind them knowing your phone number, or you have a different #, then it's not that big of a deal.

SIMs really can be any price. Sometimes you have people at the store who will give it to you for free, or they'll charge you $15 (as they did for me). I know you can get an AT&T SIM for a few bucks on Amazon though. I would let the buyer know that he can find a SIM on Amazon.

5. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I have sold a few phones on ebay and never included a sim card. Not to say that is normal. But I don't think that it is.