Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patp

Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Wow the search function sucks. I searched and came up with totally unrelated answers.

Anyways, I'm sure this has been covered already. Purchased new Ipod Touch 4. Going to sell my first gen Ipod Touch. Did restore, but Itunes still shows up as my account (on the Ipod touch).

Is there a simple way to remove my info so the buyer just gets the ipod touch without my info?

My apologies if I searched incorrectly. But typing in "sold ipod touch how to remeve personal info" yields a lot of non related stuff.

Thanks

patp

Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
A restore should do it. As long as you don't restore 'from backup' it should be fine.

already did that.

restored as new ipod touch, but when selecting itunes in the ipod touch - if you buy a song it defaults to my Itunes account.

Thanks for the fast reply!

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
already did that.

restored as new ipod touch, but when selecting itunes in the ipod touch - if you buy a song it defaults to my Itunes account.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Yeah when you plug the iPod into your computer make sure you account isn't logged on. I sold mine to a co-worker. And what I did was create a Gmail account for them and used that. Because they weren't going to have access to a PC, so I downloaded a couple games via Apps store (wi-fi). Gave them the option to delete the account.

But if you just don't log on or connect your iPod you should be fine.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Just curious, how much did you sell your 1G iPod Touch and how many GB's is it? Then I can get an idea how my 8GB iPod Touch 1G owould sell.

patp

Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Thanks guys! I signed out of my account, restored and all is good now.

I have it sold for $100 (meeting tomorrow). I guess it's not sold till the money is in hand.

Thanks again for the help.
:D

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
The "best" thing is to do a restore and then unplug it when iTunes tells you that the restore's complete and that the iPod is restarting. It'll then boot to the "connect to iTunes" screen, which is the same way that it comes out of the box. There will be no account information saved anywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.