Sold my 7 plus and got a 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Risco, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

The thing is just too darn big and heavy, battery life however is amazing. Anyone else done the same? Only thing I will miss is the boca effect on the camera. Anyone else done the same?

2. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

Went from 6 - 6 Plus - 6S Plus - 7. The first time going Plus was great, but using it with a case already felt too large. The 6S Plus somehow felt noticeably thicker and heavier than 6 Plus (which it is on paper, but not that much), so I got tired of it fast. The 7 is perfect, wouldn't want the Plus model anymore.

And it's not just the size of the body, having a smaller screen also feel more comfortable because everything is so easy to reach. It was great watching TV on that larger screen

Battery life on the 7 is great for me, single lens situation is no big deal because I haven't used the double lens yet.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I went from a 6 plus to an SE, so I really downsized :eek:

While it took a bit to adjust from a huge phone to a tiny phone, I couldn't be more happy. The SE is a great size that fits easily in my pocket.

4. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Are you still on your iPhone SE or got iPhone 7 or are you waiting for this year's iPhone 8 :)

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

How did you get used to the keyboard size?

That would be a serious transition for me.

6. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I sold my 7+ and got a used 6S. Then I traded it with my daughter's 6 since she needed something faster. I tried out the 6, it was noticeably slower but not unbearable. I thought about getting another 6S, or even 7. But I'm not sure I would gain that much to worth the hassle.

The bottom line is, I am much happier with the size and weight of 6/6S compared to the 7+.

PS. I really love having the headphones jack back. It felt like an upgrade.

7. Relentless Power, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I own both the 7/7Plus. Both have distinct advantages. But owning the 7 Plus and using it more than my 4.7 iPhone 7, I really appreciate the larger screen and battery life. To me, that's a huge difference. However, carrying the 7 Plus is the biggest challenge for me. The 4.7 iPhone 7 is a great size though for form factor.

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I had an iPhone 7+ and decided to give the SE a shot since I really enjoyed the size and speed of the little guy but not having 3D Touch or the solid state home button was more of a nuisance than I thought it could be so I returned it.

After using the SE the size and wasted screen real estate on the 7+ really started to bother me so I traded it in for a 7. VERY happy with my decision.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

When I borrow the wife's SE, I'm AWFUL with the keyboard. Awful.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

A friend has an SE and even turning it sideways I have problems with the keyboard. The SE is nice as it gets but no way I can give up the screen after my Plus size iPhones.

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

And that's only me going from a 7 (NOT a plus).

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That was the main adjustment, but it didn't take too long
    --- Post Merged, Apr 15, 2017 ---
    Still on my SE, I see no reason to opt for the 7. Depending on what Apple unveils for the 8, I'll either switch or stay on the SE. I'm very happy with it, so the 8 will need some killer features for me to switch

13. Rajincajuns macrumors member

This is my first plus which is a 7 +. Couldn't be happier. I have a spigen liquid air case. The plus has more positives then negatives.

14. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

Traded my 7 plus for a 7 when the red was introduced. The only negative I feel is the battery life.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No way could I go back to a smaller phone. Yeah, the plus is some times a pain to carry, but it is well worth it. That said, I'm glad you are liking the 7, @Risco.

16. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I have neither yet but I can see myself in 6 months weighing up my options...

Would I go for an un-pocketable (in my trousers) but lovely screen and decent battery life kind of phone.

Or a happily snug fit it my pocket phone with ok battery life but is so darn comfortable to hold.. typing and general use being able to grip the thing comfortably is my key.

I hate to say it openly but coming from a GS6 to my iPhone 5S I'm really leaning to the GS8 come October.. granted it's taller but it's slimmer meaning it can be held nicely. Only downfall might be pocketabilty....

I fell in love with the red iPhone 7 though now I've seen it in person. My wife stood next to me holding her SE in rose gold and said it looked horrid... she knows nothing lol

17. Rajincajuns macrumors member

18. cbreze macrumors 6502

cbreze

The only time I enjoyed my plus size iPhones was when sitting down using the screen. All the rest of it is just to cumbersome and got tired of dealing with it. The regular size is just right. I have a laptop for the rest.

19. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

While the + size can get a little tiring sometimes, I only hold it for a considerable amount of time during my evening commute. The bigger screen and great battery life negate the weight for me.

That said, I understand the desire for a smaller phone. Right now, the larger screen works for me. If I start carrying an iPP during my commutes my next iPhone may very be the smaller size. But I don't want to think about my next iPhone.

20. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I will always have the larger size for screen viewing. But, don't you guys use the mic instead of the keyboard. Voice to text is excellent for my needs. Use it a lot with iMessage.

21. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I had a 5s I was using alongside a 6S at the time. When I upgraded to the 7 plus, i really noticed how small the 5s felt. And easier to use. Suffice to say, I sold the 5s and 6S, but wouldn't mind downsizing next upgrade iteration

22. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I've owned 6 Plus, 6S Plus and now 7 Plus. Once I use the Plus, i can never go back to using a small device, this includes the iPhone 4S that I still have. I've even played with the 5S/SE Demo at the Apple store and even the 7 and they are too small for me. I would stay I don't have big hands or small hands. But I can hold the 7 Plus comfortably in my hands without dropping, and I can also use it one-handed.

23. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I had the 6s Plus and went down to 7. You're right. It's too big and heavy. I'm going to get the 5.8 iPhone X Super Champion Edition Pro though, it'll be about the same footprint as the 4.7 but with a screen size of 5.8 inches. That's what I've been waiting for!

So I hope that rumor is true.

24. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I have adjusted so well to the 5.5 inch iPhone, that I also two will be upgrading to the 5.8 OLED model if it does exist. More so, I think if one can adapt to the overall size of the Plus model, there are many benefits that it offers and that's what I look forward to hopefully carrying over into the iPhone 8.

25. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

Went from a 6 plus to the SE and now 7. The 7 imo is the perfect size and Apple finally fixed my biggest issue with it (OIS).