Sold my 8GB iPhone for $450...Now we start the wait.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wnxgenral, May 14, 2008.

1. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

In anticipation of the 3G iPhone this month, I wanted to get the most money I could for my 8GB iPhone... I sold it on Craigslist for $450.00 this morning. Oh well I guess its back to my old Razer V3i.... haha what a peice of ****... Anyone else in the same boat?

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Who was the complete idiot that paid $450 for a $400 device? Congrats to you for pulling that off, but some people need to do a little research. Clark Howard would probably bust a cap. :)

3. Draddy macrumors regular

seriously, what did you ad say that got you 450?

4. Xjett macrumors member

Wow, man my hats off to you...thats pretty hilarious.

5. uNext macrumors 6502

I sold my 16gb for 450 here on macrumors.
    Not in anticipation for the iphone but for the blackberry.

6. Xjett macrumors member

Yeah man I was all giddy for the new iPhone, but that Blackberry Bold is teasing me big time.

7. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

Someone who doesn't know a new iPhone is around the corner (it is sold out) or someone who doesn't have a credit/debit card and wants to unlock.

Maybe even someone who thinks they can turn it around for more money on eBay to someone in another country.

8. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

The new iPhone will be out before the BBB.

9. iWizzard macrumors regular

There are about 6 biljon people who do not have acces to Iphone in there countries so offcource you will be able to get more money then you paied for it on the gray market.

10. Xjett macrumors member

Yeah I know, I'll probably get the iPhone though.

11. aneftp macrumors 68040

Actually the people that buy the "old" iphone before iPhone Version 2 is released are very knowledgeable.

These people are probably business people or just have so much money that saving $100-200 to shop around for an unlock iPhone isn't worth their trouble. Believe me, I'm in the medical profession and if I take a day off to go to court for a traffic ticket, I'm losing $1500-2500 for the day lost of work. So while I wouldn't like to overpay for an iPhone, if I didn't know how to take take to unlock the iPhone and I didn't want to waste my time to research it, I would just pay the extra money just to get the device.

I sold my 8GB iPhone (it was my 3rd refurbished iPhone) for $325 on craigslist in 10 minutes. Better to get some money than none and apply it to the next iPhone whenever it comes out.

12. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

So, if say you worked 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year you'd make 375,000 - 625,000 a year. Either you're lying or bragging and I'm not sure which is worse.

to the op, good job selling the iphone for what you did. You might us come out ahead if the rumored subsidies are true.

13. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

Im thinking of selling mine, it has an invisible shiled already applied and in BRAND new condition, unlocked! Wonder what I could get for it. But the question is how did you get it ready for someone else. Call AT&T and change anything? Remove the SIM what?

How do I sell it and not have them accessing my data plan or anything else related to me? Untill I get the new iPhone?

14. D3lta macrumors 6502a

May I ask what you put in the ad to sell the phone for $450! That's more than I bought mine for!:eek:

Also, I'm assuming I have to call AT&T and have them cancel the iPhone data plan + connection and then I can switch back to my BlackBerry.

Also, what are the chances that Apple/AT&T will offer some kind of discount if you trade in your 1st gen iPhone for a 2nd gen?

15. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

You do realize this is May, right?

16. wnxgenral thread starter macrumors 6502

I told the seller I'd unlock it.

17. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

:rolleyes:

Seriously...? I take it you didn't unlock it yourself - you clearly know little about this!

18. impact_blue macrumors regular

Wait till the Thunder is out.

19. hondje macrumors member

sold mine last night

I didn't have my 8GB iPhone on eBay for more than an hour and it was gone. Buy It Now. Beautiful. Didn't get such at huge return as $450, but I did get back what I paid for it! Now the wait begins....

I keep looking back on MR to see if there is any news...

Nope...

None...

I really miss my iPhone!!!!

20. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

What type of phones?

What type of phones is everyone using since they sold their iPhone?

I want to sell mine, what is a good buy it now price?

21. hondje macrumors member

I'm back to my Motorola RAZR V3. It really sucks. I don't know how I ever endured this phone. My wife has a V3xx. Every time I touch it, I say, "We really need to get you an iPhone." But she is not too keen on it. Sometimes she says she wants one. Sometimes not. She is quite frugal, which is awesome. She just can't justify spending the money. My work supplies me with professional improvement money. That's how I got my iPhone.

I bought my iPhone refurbished for $349.99, and sold it for $349.99. I used it since September. Good deal for me! Now all I will need is $50 more bucks and I can get a new one!...whenever it comes out!!!!

22. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Good deal there, but I was on T-Mobile prior to getting an iPhone almost a year ago. Point being is that I don't have an old At&t phone lying around.

23. touchyphone macrumors regular

Sounds like you're jealous of him, my wifes a doctor, she makes that much too! And she's in the same boat, she works alot, she doesn't have time to research Ziphone...

24. hondje macrumors member

I was with T-Mobile too. When I discontinued service, we got both of our phones unlocked. Really weird to start up my phone and have it show T-Mobile, and then the network says AT&T!

25. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Sold mine (see sig) on ebay for $400. I was using the cheapest Nokia phone that I had laying around, but picked up two (8GB and 16GB) refurb's from AT&T a couple days ago. Will be unlocking the 8GB and keeping 16GB until new one comes out. Should make a nice chunk on 8GB and hopefully break even on 16GB (unlock it when I go to sell) after the new one comes out.