Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clin86

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
i tried this and redsn0w said unable to recognize specified IPSW. anyone have a clue whats going on?
i have 0.9.6b6

clin86

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
i tried it again with the rc8 version. it still doesnt work. am i missing something?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Does the Limera1n 4.1 JB for iP4 kill the GPS?

Noob question, I know. Just curious.

No, none of the JB programs kill the GPS on the 3G and 3GS.
The process of updating the baseband to the ipads version is the one that causes it.
As long as you dont install the ipad BB you can JB with Limerain/greenpoison/redsnow/pwnage without having to worry about your GPS not functioning.

lansa

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If I upgraded my 3GS to ipad baseband and unlocked, and I don't want to stay tethered anymore, is it possible to restore and go untethered? I don't mind losing my unlock or even my jb, just want to be untethered

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
If I upgraded my 3GS to ipad baseband and unlocked, and I don't want to stay tethered anymore, is it possible to restore and go untethered? I don't mind losing my unlock or even my jb, just want to be untethered

You can only restore to custom ipsw's created with pwnage from now on since you installed the ipad BB.
But yes even if you're stuck on a tethered JB you can run the latest Greenpoison over you JB iphone to untether your device.

saudansari

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
Sorry if this question has already been answered but it would help me immensely if someone could clarify. I upgraded my 3GS baseband to the iPad baseband last year and thus have been running 4.2.1 tethered with that iPad baseband since November. If i run Greenpoison 2 (the one that was just released last week), will I be able to stay unlocked? That is, Green poison shouldn't mess with my baseband, correct? And will I (finally) be able to have an iPhone 3GS with 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak and unlocked?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Sorry if this question has already been answered but it would help me immensely if someone could clarify. I upgraded my 3GS baseband to the iPad baseband last year and thus have been running 4.2.1 tethered with that iPad baseband since November. If i run Greenpoison 2 (the one that was just released last week), will I be able to stay unlocked? That is, Green poison shouldn't mess with my baseband, correct? And will I (finally) be able to have an iPhone 3GS with 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak and unlocked?

Yes.
Just run the latest GP to untether your iPhone. The unlock and everything will stay the same.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
You can only restore to custom ipsw's created with pwnage from now on since you installed the ipad BB.
But yes even if you're stuck on a tethered JB you can run the latest Greenpoison over you JB iphone to untether your device.

Actually, I've always been successful in restoring to stock firmware with the 6.15.00 bb.

You just have to leave your phone normal (not recovery or DFU), shift+restore to the firmware you're on. The restore will fail and you'll be bricked, then DFU it (not pwned, though I'm sure it wouldn't matter) and restore to your desired stock firmware. You'll get a 1015 error after, and you'll be stuck in recovery. Just use iReb to kick it out and voila, working iPhone. :)

hellboy05

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
Thank you s0 much

Tried Everything your Guide is clear and Straight forward Thanks alot ..

For Iphone fans Here in Africa We Salute you.......

And how did you make the custom firmware ?

Do you have anything for the iphone 4?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Actually, I've always been successful in restoring to stock firmware with the 6.15.00 bb.

You just have to leave your phone normal (not recovery or DFU), shift+restore to the firmware you're on. The restore will fail and you'll be bricked, then DFU it (not pwned, though I'm sure it wouldn't matter) and restore to your desired stock firmware. You'll get a 1015 error after, and you'll be stuck in recovery. Just use iReb to kick it out and voila, working iPhone. :)

That will only work with firmware 4.1 and below.
Anything 4.2.1 and after it will not work and the phone will not be able to be kicked out of recovery.

timmyxdd

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Help!

Open iTunes, hold the option key (Mac) and select the custom recovery image we downloaded through Megaupload

On this step, right after I insert the custom recovery image, my iTunes says that it's not a compatible firmware or something like that, and it won't let me go further. Help!!!!

dell

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2007
Open iTunes, hold the option key (Mac) and select the custom recovery image we downloaded through Megaupload

On this step, right after I insert the custom recovery image, my iTunes says that it's not a compatible firmware or something like that, and it won't let me go further. Help!!!!

I am having the same problem. Please help!!!

bash86

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2011
Doesnt work

I tried the above method however after extracting software it reaches the apple verifying and then comes up with error 3194. please help. thank you.

Frogber

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
Failed

I've already used RedSn0w to pwn the DFU but when I try to restore it through iTunes I select the file from MegaUpload, After verifying with apple it says "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.:confused:

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I've already used RedSn0w to pwn the DFU but when I try to restore it through iTunes I select the file from MegaUpload, After verifying with apple it says "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.:confused:

1. Are you sure the file is for your device?

2. Apple won't sign anything lower than 4.3.x now unless you have blobs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.