Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
Turned off almost everything, left cell services on. Battery life still is less than with 4.2.10. (Verizon) I did an upgrade, didn't do a restore. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow when I'm off. I'll have time to fuss with it.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Is this what the iPhone has come to? Having its users snoop around like amateur sleuths in search of which new iOS features we need to disable in order to get decent battery use? Very lame. Btw, I assume everyone has shut off the abortion otherwise know as Ping in the restrictions?

slnko-v-sieti

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2011
Thanks OP. Adjusting these settings, esp creating a standard (rather than dynamic) location for my baked-in Weather app, appears to have solved my battery brain problem. (I noticed that my default city for weather kept changing, as I'm on the border between several distinct geographic regions.)

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
What these system services do is collect data and send them up to Apple's crowd-sourced databases for cell tower info, wifi router info, and traffic info. If you turn them all OFF, your iPhone will function perfectly fine and will get better battery life as a result since it's not turning on the GPS as often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.