Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A small number of Apple employees appear to have been evacuated from the Apple Park campus in Cupertino, California, according to NBC Bay Area. There is little information at this time, but the news site says that a "portion" of the campus was evacuated.

apple-park-evacuation.jpg

According Santa Clara County Fire Department Captain Justin Stockman, first responders found an envelope containing an unknown white substance, with employees ushered out in case the substance is harmful.

Update: The substance was evaluated and the building was deemed clear, so employees were allowed to re-enter their offices. Officials did not provide details on what the substance was.

Article Link: Some Apple Park Employees Evacuated Due to Possible Hazmat Situation [Update: Resolved]

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DeepIn2U and sorgo

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Reactions: ja'

reyesmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
Could the white substance be glass turned into power from not protecting it during shipping? Its Apple's own fault for making fragile products that made out of materials that constantly shatter. Maybe the terrorist behind this is just giving them a taste of their own medicine. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this person whatsoever.

Kabeyun

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA
Could the white substance be glass turned into power from not protecting it during shipping? Its Apple's own fault for making fragile products that made out of materials that constantly shatter. Maybe the terrorist behind this is just giving them a taste of their own medicine. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this person whatsoever.
I’m thinking of a mythical creature, large, often depicted as wielding a club or living under a bridge, turns to stone when exposed to sunlight…

Last edited:

Pezimak

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2021
Good God what is the world coming to, well shouldn't be surprised I guess considering the way the 2020's have been so far...
I hope they are all alright.

People say it's a hoax, I hope so, but I live in the U.K. and not a million miles from Salisbury, where Putin tried to kill that person and his daughter with nerve agent.. anything is possible these days sadly.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.