SOME HELP: MB alum Refurb.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by latogoga, Feb 6, 2009.

1. latogoga macrumors member

How to identify if it's a refurb or new?

i'm going to buy a mb alum 2.4ghz from someone I met and he claims it's new, i just want to be sure if it is.

maybe the box? or the warranty says it's a refurb? I don't know please tell me.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not much you can tell. However, how long have you known this person. Remember the deals on MacBooks, if the the deal is too good to be true, it probably is and you are heading for a scam.

3. latogoga thread starter macrumors member

well..

I'm in Colombia south America and i don't really know that person, and the price includes the cost of transport and some benefit for the dealer. The price is 4Million (colombia currency) and that's like $1900 dollars. So he gets a small benefit for the new mb or he gets a huge benefit for the refurb.

tell me what you think.

4. Paintball613 macrumors member

That MacBook would cost you $1500 USD new.

You could always just go to http://store.apple.com and order a refurbished one from there.

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I just got a refurbished 2.0 (it was flawless btw, absolutely as good as new). The box was plain white cardboard. Inside was just the laptop in foam and a white box with software and cables labeled "Apple Certified". If he has an actual retail box with imagines and such on the outside then it was purchased new.