some help on FCP studio version 7 .

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by philipma1957, Apr 18, 2011.

1. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

http://www.jr.com/apple/pe/APP_MB642Z_SL_A/

okay here is final cut studio version 7 price is 830 at jr.com

anyone have a better price from a real seller.

Moderators I used this instead of marketplace because many mac pro users. have the most knowledge of this program. I thought it would get lost on marketplace.

2. beto2k7 macrumors 6502

3. philipma1957 thread starter macrumors 603

philipma1957

4. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

I don't know if you are aware of this.... Can't you wait until June/July for the release of Final Cut Pro X? looking at the video demo, it seem's awsome...

Not sure what shortcomings will the X version will have compared to the current FCP Studio, since the price difference is huge.

cheers!

5. beto2k7 macrumors 6502

Even though FCPX Was just announced there was no word on the other FCS apps....

6. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Well, as I understand the different rumors and announced features of FCPX, the new version has absorbed some of the tools in the other apps. For the rest, I doubt that they release the new FCPX without releasing the other updated sister apps at the same time, perhaps sold separately - but not likely that the full suite will go for over the current price.

IMO, waiting a couple of months would be a safe bet - specially when FCPX is a completely revamped version with very good upgrades. And, if for any reason one thinks FCPX is inferior in any way, you will be able to get the current version at a much lower price then.

Just my 2c

cheers!