Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Some iPhone 15 users have been experiencing ongoing Bluetooth connection issues that have persisted since the new devices launched, based on complaints on the Apple Support Community and the MacRumors forums.

iphone-15-blue.jpg

Affected customers are having trouble keeping their iPhones connected to older Bluetooth devices such as in-car systems or headphones that rely on the technology. From the MacRumors forums:
Since ios 17 I have been having frequent disconnects in my car (no carplay. BMW 2014) bluetooth for calls. I make a hands free call in my car and after a few seconds bluetooth disconnects and I have manually switch to the speaker in my Iphone. I have had this car since new and I switch iphones almost every year and usually the release x.0 has some bluetooth problems, but now 2 major releases for ios 17 and the issue is not solved. Another iphone 12 does not have the problem in my car.
Many of the complaints come from iPhone 15 users who are attempting to connect their iPhones to Bluetooth headphones, car systems, and similar devices, but some users are also experiencing issues with more modern products like the AirPods.
I moved from 15 plus to 15 pro max (silly but switched carriers so I got it for free) and am having terrible bluetooth connections. Car bluetooth is fine. But on both my AirPods Max and and Beats Studio Buds, my music will cut out and reconnect and calls will drop after 5 to 10 minutes. Done all the resets. Hoping we are sent a software update soon.
Reports of Bluetooth issues date back to October 2023, which is just a month after the iPhone 15 models were released. They have continued across multiple updates, with the most recent reports coming from those running iOS 17.3.1. Some customers were told that the problems would be resolved with an iOS 17 update, but based on the continuing complaints, it does not appear that Apple has fully resolved the issue as of yet.

The cause of the problem is not clear, but affected users have both iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro models. Some people have been able to get their iPhones replaced, which has been the only way to solve the issue. Restarting, resetting, and other typical fixes have not worked for those who are having problems.

Have you had issues with Bluetooth connectivity on the iPhone 15? Let us know in the comments below.

Article Link: Some iPhone 15 Users Complain of Ongoing Bluetooth Issues

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
I don't have an iPhone 15, but a 13proMax and ever since the new iOS my phone will randomly disconnect from tethering to my computer. It could be the Computer OS I guess, but I'm guessing it's the iOS. So it makes me wonder if there is something on the software side that's also causing the BT issue???

EDIT: After reading Steven's post, I also remember now that my 13 has some trouble with my car BT on occasion whereas before the new iOS it was perfect.

zhugzug

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2013

Some iPhone 15 users have been experiencing ongoing Bluetooth connection issues that have persisted since the new devices launched, based on complaints on the Apple Support Community and the MacRumors forums.

iphone-15-blue.jpg

Affected customers are having trouble keeping their iPhones connected to older Bluetooth devices such as in-car systems or headphones that rely on the technology. From the MacRumors forums:

Many of the complaints come from iPhone 15 users who are attempting to connect their iPhones to Bluetooth headphones, car systems, and similar devices, but some users are also experiencing issues with more modern products like the AirPods.

Reports of Bluetooth issues date back to October 2023, which is just a month after the iPhone 15 models were released. They have continued across multiple updates, with the most recent reports coming from those running iOS 17.3.1. Some customers were told that the problems would be resolved with an iOS 17 update, but based on the continuing complaints, it does not appear that Apple has fully resolved the issue as of yet.

The cause of the problem is not clear, but affected users have both iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro models. Some people have been able to get their iPhones replaced, which has been the only way to solve the issue. Restarting, resetting, and other typical fixes have not worked for those who are having problems.

Have you had issues with Bluetooth connectivity on the iPhone 15? Let us know in the comments below.

Article Link: Some iPhone 15 Users Complain of Ongoing Bluetooth Issues
Yup, happens to me on initial connection of CarPlay. Sometimes does not work.

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
I've also been having issues with my iPhone 15PM and my AirPods Pro 2 (Lightning). I use my Airpods as my primary work headset, and I often will have the headset disconnect about 10mins into the call, it'll switch to the iPhone speaker for a few secs, and then reconnect and go back. Very annoying! Didn't think anything of it but now I see it's a more common issue!

chipsandsalsa

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2020
I have an 15Pro and a 13Pro and if I get into the car with both I have to toggle the BT off on the 13Pro otherwise the 15pro does this weird BT pause/play thing. Super annoying. If the 15Pro is the only phone in the car, then it works fine.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Honestly, I can’t say bluetooth has ever not given me issues in general. It’s why I am so adamant on using wired keyboards, mice, headphones, because at least that stuff works instantly as soon as you plug it in. No fiddling with connecting it between different computers, either. And as I always say, dropping the headphone jack from iPhones and iPads is still a huge loss

Last edited:

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
It seems Apple has bluetooth issues in various products, but not everyone with each of these products have the bluetooth issues. I don't have bluetooth problems with iPhone, but with the Mac.

I have had bluetooth issues with 100% of all Windows devices I owned, and sometimes also WIFI issues to the point I needed to use ethernet permanently on some machines. I haven't used Windows for a few years now so I don't know if things have improved.

Reactions: SFjohn and arkitect

epox999

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
Interesting, been having a weird issue with Google Maps directions clipping off 1/2 of the verbal directions on my 15Pro, guess it's not isolated

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
My wife is having this issue too on an iPhone 14 Pro Max, after upgrading to 17.3 or 17.3.1. Before that, never had issues. Music skips, stops and then randomly restarts. Very weird. With a 2014 Acura RDX - it may be that the update broke something about compatibility with older Bluetooth codecs.

Last edited:

Brianmjr

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2024
I have had this issue for the last 3 iPhone models. 13-15, all of them were Pro Max models. Doesn’t matter if they were AirPods or third-party Bluetooth devices. I’ve done all of the restarting and resetting on all of my Apple devices. All of the said AirPods work seamlessly with my iPads, Mac and Apple TVs. It’s only my iPhone that has the issue.

gaijin88

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Same Bluetooth connectivity issues with 15 Pro Max, 17.3.1. Car is 2010 Ford Flex. Problems have existed since I received the phone in September 2023. I had zero issues with the 14 Pro Max and earlier phones.

Reactions: chipsandsalsa

markgpearse

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
Until recently, I was experiencing connectivity issues between my iPhone 15 Pro and my AirPods. My connection would disappear for 5 to 10 seconds. I assumed it was related to nearby high voltage power lines near the trail I walk on. Just the other day I noticed I was no longer having the problem. I assumed an iOS or firmware update fixed the problem.

Reactions: SFjohn

ThinkPin

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2011
SF Bay Area
iPhone 15 Pro Max. I’ve had weird Bluetooth issues when connected/connecting to AirPods, my car, and speakers. The audio cuts out or skips like it’s a CD, especially in my car.

Additionally, I have odd WiFi issues where the phone will disconnect and reconnect to WiFi, bounce around the bands (2.4ghz to 5ghz to 6ghz), and signal strength fluctuates when stationary. Never had these issues before or on other devices.

TracesOfArsenic

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2018
Not just iPhone 15; 13 mini here. Experiencing odd behavior with Bluetooth to Vizio soundbar using the background sounds. Frequent interruptions and volume changes.
13 Mini user here. Mine sucks, I was about to lodge a warranty request. It's utter garbage.

trifero

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2009
Iphone 15 Pro Max here. Terrible connections with airpods pro 2. Drops every few minutes.

Reactions: nopster

TgX74AN3CPz4M4h^

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2024
Bluetooth got hosed by Apple w/ iOS 17. I have a iPhone 13 Pro Max. With the move to 17 all my devices are unreliable: AirPod, AirPod pro, and CarPlay all drop randomly, fail to connect, fail to remember devices. Is infuriating. If I wanted to deal with troubleshooting this <stuff> I would go back to android. I pay the 50% premium for Apple products for it to be the best - not just better than the alternatives. I want a seamless experience. Instead it’s unreliable at best- infuriating at worst. I’m sick of empty promises of a fix </ end rant>

tlatkins

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2013
I am experiencing these same Bluetooth disconnections on my iPhone 14 Pro. It happened with iOS 17. I've noticed it seems to happen around the same places geographically. My theory is it has something to do with entering or leaving the range of a WiFi access point.

Reactions: lm57400
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.