Some iPhone questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by user1690, Sep 9, 2011.

1. user1690 macrumors regular

user1690

Hey guys, i am not so new to the iPhone jailbreak scene but i have some questions i've been meaning to ask but never got around to;

1.) Can i backup my iPhone iOS into a IPSW file that i can restore if needed? (That way, if i happen to screw an update up or anything, i can restore the IPSW and have a jailbroken phone again without starting from scratch)

2.) Is there a way to disable the multitasking (or fast app switch, whatever its called) bar? You know, the thing that pops up if i press the HOME key twice, i ask because im using an app called iProtect with the option of deleting apps disabled, this means i cant remove any apps from the bar that appears when pressing the HOME key twice.
    I read this post before: http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-1100204.html but the .plist file it mentions, for me was empty.

3.) Is there a way i can change the iPhone's critical battery icon? (The one that appears when the iPhones battery is too low it just shows an empty battery and a plug to power icon)

Any info is appreciated!

-Thanks

2. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

yes to all of them. :) but we need more info. what device are you using?

1. you can always create a custom ipsw using pwnagetool and add the sources and pkgs there, then create your ipsw.

2. depending on what device are you using, there is a pkg under tweaks in cydia that will do just that for you. it disables the fast app switcher.

3.you can always use winterboard to change that icon. there is tons of themes and icon to choose from in cydia.

3. user1690 thread starter macrumors regular

user1690

iPhone 3GS 32GB running iOS 4.3.3

I was hoping to be at least able to backup my entire iPhone iOS including apps/settings, etc.. all into one IPSW file, so should i ever need to restore, i can use that and have the iPhone as i left it when backed up.

4. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

you can backup pkgs and sources into an ipsw but not an entire image of you drive.

5. user1690 thread starter macrumors regular

user1690

Hmm, a shame about that but cant complain i guess, better than nothing. Anyway, is there an exact app/pkg i can find on Cydia or elsewhere that will disable the fast app switching on my iPhone?

6. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

is called Disable Multitasking under the tweak section in cydia. it activates using winterboar.

7. user1690 thread starter macrumors regular

user1690

That appears to have messed with my device :/

Network went from Vodafone UK to "Device", all my apps apart from Cydia, Mail and Safari just vanished and wifi was gone. Thankfully disabling it brought my apps and network and wifi back, but its completely screwed where i had all my icons and folders/etc. Wont be using that again :/

8. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

sorry to hear that. i never used it my self, never had the need to.

9. user1690 thread starter macrumors regular

user1690

Sorted my app locations out, looks like i cant use the pkg though.

Also, a question, just went to manually edit some of the battery icons in my iPhone status bar, but the battery PNGs are blank? All of them? In fact, any png file i download from the iPhone via SSH, or a USB Filesystem explorer program (iPhone explorer for example) are all blank, any idea why?

10. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX