Some mails are getting RED FLAGGED automatically

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by funtoosh, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. funtoosh macrumors newbie

Hi
    Some of the emails are automatically getting RED FLAGGED in my mail client, any suggestion how to resolve it ?

And it's happening in my macbook as well as imac.

I've disabled all Mail Rules/Filters then too its happening and causing problem with finding actual important emails or the ones that i've manually flagged as it gets filled with other non-important or spam emails

I'm using Exchange as mail server

Any help ?

Thanks

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Are you getting mail that has been subjected to "Flag a message you send to remind recipients to follow-up" or similar as described here?

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

4. funtoosh thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i just checked email headers it does shows

"X-Message-Flag: Flag for follow up"

Is there a way to resolve it ? I'm basically subscribed to lots of FBL, so all spam complains for IP Blocks controlled by me are forwarded to me so that I can take care of the abuser and i'm taking care of lots of ip blocks so i do get lots of spam complains, but i don't want them to be flagged, is there a solution to it ? I have already setup a filter for these mails to move them to a different folder but i don't want them flagged

I'm using the default MAC Mail client

thanks

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You could look for an Applescript to remove flags on incoming mail via rules.

Or...give up on flags and find another way to mark your email.

6. susanbb macrumors newbie

susanbb

I had the problem of assigning a colorflag and then it woud always revert back to red..I tried everything suggested everywhere.. then I found the fix..
    I deleted one of my mailboxes that I really didn't need and voila! The flag colorI assign now stays! Hope this helps someone!