Some reassurance that they will honor multiple orders?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gwynne, Apr 10, 2015.

1. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I ended up ordering two because my boyfriend couldn't connect.

I tried to "prove" to myself that the cut off was two, but it let me order a third. (Which I will be canceling).

Is there no quantity limit, or will they be canceling extra orders?

Need reassurance I will get the two, the BF is stressing because the window had slipped by the time he was able to connect.

I've never ordered more than one of anything at launch.

2. Prolif1k, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

Prolif1k macrumors 6502

I have a feeling you wouldn't be able to do it if there was a restriction. I've never had to order two on one account before, but I am in the exact same boat as you. Had to order both of ours on my account (two separate orders, one watch in each). Considering that there is no verbiage about order limits, I wouldn't worry, especially with only 2 watches. Maybe 3+ would be restricted, but 2 per person is generally the case.

There were the rumors of 1 per person earlier in the week, but there was never an official line about that on the website.

EDIT: As a follow-up, I just tried to add 3 to a new cart. There is a message that displays about a limit of 2 per customer, requesting that I remove one, so we are definitely safe with 2 watches. =)

3. gwynne thread starter macrumors 68000

gwynne

Thank you for taking the time to answer. First world problem but it's keeping me from easily going back to sleep, yay eastern time. :)

What you say makes sense. I did see that 1 person rumor earlier in the week too but then thought perhaps it referred to in store try on/order. I'll call them tomorrow and try to get clarification when I cancel the third one.

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

I am with you, and not sure. Who knows. They have cancelled orders before. I have three, but was going to be three no matter what, if they cancel them all, well ****.

5. gwynne thread starter macrumors 68000

gwynne

Update: I spoke with a rep on the phone today. She absolutely wouldn't tell me / didn't know if there is a 'hard' number limit on how many people can order. She said something along the lines of "they're not going to let anyone order 25 or anything".

She suggested I cancel my third watch order (which I now have), but couldn't make any promises that I will receive the two orders which still exist.

Recap if you didn't read the top: Ended up ordering BF's watch because I had better luck with the app than he did. Then ordered a third to try to prove to myself that they had a hard limit of two (they didn't). Worried they may cancel orders in excess of one.

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I ended up with 4 separate orders. At no point did I see any message about not being able to order additional ones, so I'm just hoping they won't make a fuss and do something stupid like cancel ALL my orders.

7. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

I've ordered 3, seperate orders and no hassle. People in the past have done the same with iphones, especially with colours and sizes.

8. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

Had a wee chat earlier with Apple and they said its absolutely fine. Should not be a problem.

9. gwynne thread starter macrumors 68000

gwynne

Thanks for responses. As I said, I've never tried to order > 1 for anything on launch day, and I guess I assumed they had pretty hardcore anti-scalping measures in place for something like this. And I have the 4/24 range on both so I'd really like for them to go through.

10. gwynne thread starter macrumors 68000

gwynne

Found this quote from Tim Cook yesterday:

Source:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/04/09/apple...nch-period-expects-demand-to-outstrip-supply/

I guess they forgot to flip the switch on '2', considering several of us were able to order 3. No idea of the implications of the above.

11. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

oh god lol

----------

Where are you from?

12. NewtypeCJ macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

I ordered 2 on the same order. One for me, one for the wife. No cancellation yet, anyway.

13. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

What you mean? I am in Glasgow right now..?!

14. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

Just went onto the site online and the warning did come up - it never with my app and i ordered invidually because i couldnt add all three from my favs straight to check out :( omg :(

----------

Oh no i was just wondering, im in edinburgh, i wanted to know where you got the info ykwim (like not in the US)

15. gwynne thread starter macrumors 68000

gwynne

What? More words please. What warning?

16. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I have multiple single orders. Wondering if those will fall off or not. Didn't get a cancellation notice.

17. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I've got 4 on order. One order of 3, and a single order of 1.

One is a gift, 3 are for me and my family. I ordered at 2 am CST. If I get a cancellation, I'll flip. They better at least give us the option of picking which to cancel.

I would also switch one over to my wife's Apple ID if I had to.

18. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

The two per customer one

----------

Apple chat advisor suggested i call 0800 048 0408, i cant as im in the office

19. gwynne thread starter macrumors 68000

gwynne

Screenshot if you can.

----------

I was hoping to possibly be able to do this when I called this morning, but the rep I got was clueless. (Note I do not blame the rep, I know how customer service works.)

20. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

Not sure what one but here you go

Attached Files:

21. gwynne thread starter macrumors 68000

gwynne

Thanks, interesting.

I think they forgot to turn something on or failed to account for multiple individual orders.

22. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

Now that I have used the basket on desktop, i go into the app and get the same warning.

But if you only use the app I cant see how you can add more than one watch into the basket, was I missing something? I'm trying now, i still cant buy more than one watch?

23. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

Should be fine as long as they were seperate orders

24. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

Gosh I'm really worried! If I'd known id just get hubby to buy his own !!!!!!!!

25. chrisperra macrumors member

chrisperra

I spoke to a very nice advisor at Apple today regarding this, since I was in the same predicament. They informed me that Apple will be doing a sweep of accounts and making sure people are within the 2 watch limit per household.

They gave me 2 options, wait til one ships and order another -or- use a second Apple ID.