Someone else photos on my iphone!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by junker, Aug 23, 2009.

1. junker macrumors 6502

junker

Ok, this is very weird! I recently hooked up my iphone to my computer to charge/etc and there were 2 nature photos the were there waiting to be imported from my iphone - that I didn't or no-one else took!

I or my wife (only people with access to the iphone) haven't been near nature to take these shots... I disconnected my phone went to a dinner party then came home. That's it and I have 2 weird photos now. The only wrinkle I can add is this: another couple at the dinner party had new 3Gs iphone there. But how would they have gotten any to my phone? (and I haven't asked them if they are their pictures yet)

Here are are the pics - for those who are curious...

Any ideas?

BTW - I don't have any photo sharing apps installed (if there is such a thing) not sure about anyone else at the party - but it's hard to imagine Apple allowing someone transferring a pics/file to my phone without permission - granted it wasn't always with me as I set it down on the coffee-table for a period of time.

Attached Files:

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Simplest explanation would be that someone picked your iPhone up off the coffee table and saved some pictures off the web.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I assume they're on the camera roll?

Edit: +1 to what the poster said above.

4. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

That is not a bad guess and I had thought of it.... but there were only 3 couples all sitting together and talking.

I will ask them all..

Thanks

5. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

Yeah, on the camera roll.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Why put your friends on the spot, though? No harm was done, and you've learned not to leave your iPhone lying around at parties. ;)

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, it wasn't magic that put them there. They were probably playing with it, and then didn't tell you.

8. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

There's a fine line between satisfying your curiosity and coming off like a nut case.

9. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

lol! True - but it's just a very bizzare moment really... and I dont think asking will put them on the spot necessarily, but it's is a little weird.

Wasn't much of a party though - 3 married couples sitting aorund talking aobut the new baby. Wee.

I guess that has to be the answer really - but I never left it in the room unattended by me.... so they must've really been pretty slick and fast - not to mention that these are fairly un-techy folks....but I guess that's gotta be it.

Haha! Yeah, well too late for that probably! Im the techie/artist/nerd/oddball...they're all very straight and "normal" folks.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

They probably opened up some page, were trying to zoom in, and saved the pic. I mean if they didn't know what they were doing, they could have got to the "save the image screen," after holding down a finger on the pic instead of doubletapping. Now why they did this twice is beyond me.

11. JennaLDS macrumors 6502

JennaLDS

You wouldnt happen to have the App called Mover would you? If so and they have the same app, that could be the answer..

12. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

Sorry, no. I've recently heard of some apps that would "bump" files to another phone but I haven't really checked them out yet...

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You have to be sharing the same wifi connection for that, so no, that's not what happened.

14. wilderness1957 macrumors regular

Check your internet history and see if there were any pages visited. if someone saved the pictures they probably didnt wipe the history

15. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

Ok, I apologize if this is something I should know - but how is this done on the iphone - and where you can save it to the camera roll album? I know I can copy and paste it, but can you directly download a pic on the iphone and save it from safari? (I've been exploring this the past few minutes and can't figure out how) I can do a bookmark and a "copy" but how to save it specifically in the photo albums, I cant get.

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind - I got it...duh.

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I already told you above. Hold your finger on a pic until you get a screen popup that says save image. Click save image. Done.

Edit: See that you had a moment of clarity. :)

17. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Maybe they took a screenshot of whatever page they were on. That saves to the camera roll also.

Edit: I see that you figured it out.

18. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Consider yourself lucky, had I found that phone I would have taken some more interesting photos of certain parts of my anatomy... For educational purposes of course.

19. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Didn't accidentally swap phones with anyone??

20. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Who cares, you had some nature pics.

Don't bother posting until you get some nude pics of hot chicks mysteriously appearing on your phone.

21. Stunod7 macrumors member

Stunod7

Just be glad whoever did it wasn't taking pictures of themselves sans clothing.

22. blybug macrumors 6502a

blybug

There was a box of raisins on the coffee table. Did you, by any chance, take them with you when left? We were all eating the raisins. And I remember you--you were eating some of the raisins. And then you left, and the raisins were gone. And I was just wondering if, you know, maybe you took them with you.

23. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Because, you know, we're going to need them back. Regardless of their current condition.

24. fireman13 macrumors 6502

you could check your safari history, to see if there were sites that you didn't go to.
    Just a suggestion. But I agree it's not really that big of a deal, next time just keep the phone on you or set it to lock.

25. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

Good idea....ok, no unusual site....just 2 Macrumors sites/visits that day.

So, for me this is even weirder! If I have no history revealing where someone must have downloaded these from (That seems to be the most plausible idea).

Oh well, I may just have to chalk it up to "unknown".

BTW - pretty funny comments in this thread otherwise! LOL re: the nude pics! I guess it could have been worse - surprising AND traumatic! :)