Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
the feeling that one gets from new underwear and socks is immense.

agree?

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
Especially a new pair of socks, hoodies are the same. The more you wash 'em the more uncomfortable they get though :(

my estimates are that socks get "bad" in about 6 months time. Assuming 4 washes per month. On average, socks get "bad" with 20-24 washings.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Growing up I got new socks and underwear every year for Christmas. It was kinda like a tradition. Sometimes my parent's will still give it to me just to be funny.

As far as the sentiment of the OP, I agree wholeheartedly. There's nothing better than my wife getting new underwear. "Ooh how nice, let me help you with that..." :D

scottness

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2009
Room 101
I hate new underwear. Takes a month for them to feel like they're mine. I wear them down until they grow holes, then I get the new models.

I avoid wearing socks, or shoes for that matter. No need in Hawaii.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
I hate new underwear. Takes a month for them to feel like they're mine. I wear them down until they grow holes, then I get the new models.

I avoid wearing socks, or shoes for that matter. No need in Hawaii.

one time my dog basically ate my underwear (hopefully after they have been washed and not before). Anyways..the bottom of them (not the butt part...the part that connects the back and front..that bottom..so when standing..the bottom) was completely removed but I still wore them for a few months. You get attached to them and dont want to offically throw them away.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
one time my dog basically ate my underwear (hopefully after they have been washed and not before). Anyways..the bottom of them (not the butt part...the part that connects the back and front..that bottom..so when standing..the bottom) was completely removed but I still wore them for a few months. You get attached to them and dont want to offically throw them away.

As a person who loathes any sort of underwear, this is extremely strange to me.

scottness

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2009
Room 101

Perhaps you could unofficially throw them away. :D

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Wow, my socks only last me a few months before holes start appearing. They begin to get worn after about 3 months. And I don't know about only washing them 3 times a month... I wash mine after I wear them every-time. I'm probably one of the few people who washes their pants every day.

solchitlins

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
Michigan
My girlfriend is always making fun of me because every time I put on a new pair of socks I find myself saying something about what a special treat it is......

lol

I told her if I won the lottery I would wear a new pair every day. Just kidding of course.

New boxers shorts usually need to be washed once or twice before they become comfortable imho.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
Wow, my socks only last me a few months before holes start appearing. They begin to get worn after about 3 months. And I don't know about only washing them 3 times a month... I wash mine after I wear them every-time. I'm probably one of the few people who washes their pants every day.

it depends where you have been.

If you only sit in chairs that belong to you...and nothing else...I dont see the need for constant washing since hopefully your own chair wouldnt smell due to your body's (and bottom) clean tendencies.

If you ride a train or bus each day...then you are in contact with public seating which might contain scents and other things from other peoples bodies. Like most people, we generally consider ourselves more clean than others, so sitting in public seating would bring up fears of getting other people's "butt" scent and what is known as "butt" dust. This whole school of thought was fine-tuned in the period called the college years.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Getting excited about socks and underwear?

Sounds like some of you guys either need a girlfriend or move out of your parents basement :p

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
it depends where you have been.

If you only sit in chairs that belong to you...and nothing else...I dont see the need for constant washing since hopefully your own chair wouldnt smell due to your body's (and bottom) clean tendencies.

If you ride a train or bus each day...then you are in contact with public seating which might contain scents and other things from other peoples bodies. Like most people, we generally consider ourselves more clean than others, so sitting in public seating would bring up fears of getting other people's "butt" scent and what is known as "butt" dust. This whole school of thought was fine-tuned in the period called the college years.
This is a very strange post in a quite weird thread…
So did it take you many years of research? Field trials? Special equipment?
;)

sycho

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2006
As a gay man with an underwear fetish I can completely agree with the original poster on this serious topic. It explains why I have about 100 pairs of underwear. Most are still super comfy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.