Something Big Coming in September?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sedrick, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I'm starting to get the feeling (with all the rumors popping up on news sites) that this iPhone delay may be because Apple is going to really knock our socks off with a newly designed iPhone 5 and (ducks) a "Lite" version.

Can Apple do it or will they disappoint?

2. gregrose macrumors 6502

all i see an upgrade in is A5, the camera, & maybe bigger screen, I def wont be upgrading this time around.

3. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

I'm hoping for a massive update, however I don't think it's going to happen. I think we are more likely to see iPhone 4S rather than iPhone 5. Hopefully I'm proven wrong though.
    I'm also against a "Lite" version as I like to think of Apple as a more "premium" brand if you know what I mean? However, there may be a massive market for it so they may just do it anyway... who knows how the marketing mind of Apple works?

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I'm starting to get the feeling that this thread is simply wishful thinking :p

5. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I hope they do something big just to shut the Android fanboys up, and for making us wait an extra 3 months!

6. Andy Ftw macrumors regular

Personally I think you're definitely on the right lines. We'll see..

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I dont see them doing a very big update. Probably better camera and flash, higher capacity, same size screen but maybe some slight changes in design. Also maybe one model that supports both GSM and CDMA. As far as a light version goes what we will see is the current iPhone 4 moving down in price to replace the 3Gs that is currently sold.

8. pyro008 macrumors 6502

But it seems more realistic that theyll do something to shut the Apple fanboys up.

9. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

if it was to be a big update they would have given hints already to wet everyones appetite.

Unfortunately people are already making up their own minds that it will be big and will then be disappointed when its not and will of course blame apple.

10. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

I sure hope so. Either way, I'll be buying one.

11. Themaeds macrumors regular

awww....why so serious?

12. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

Because they are asleep of course. iPhones are not the entire universe. Floods in the US, Reactor sites flooded, Quakes growing in intensity and number. Lots of other important things like astroids and comets coming close to earth. World war possible this year.

Heck, why not just forget it all and wonder about 4s or 5?

I sometimes wish I could visit your cartoon world. It seems nice.

13. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I hope it's something big. Why would apple hold an event (if they even will) for just spec bumps. Of course that's probably just wishful thinking on my part since I have a 3GS and am up for an upgrade.

14. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

They had an event for the 3GS, which was just a spec bump. I'm sure they'll have an event for the 5, and I'll convince myself that I don't need one...until launch day, when I will battle the lines at the AT&T store to get one.

15. EddyP macrumors 6502

I would think a model that works on both GSM and CDMA to be a HUGE update. No?

But admittedly that's the #1 feature I want to see in the new iPhone. So my definition of "huge update" may be like other people's... if they don't give me what I want, I'll call it the 4S.

16. flipster macrumors 6502a

Verizon's 4G LTE is ready, however, AT&T's isn't. They need to expand quicker, plus they're merging with T-Mobile next year. It just makes so much more sense for Apple to wait another year for 4G. Everything would be ready.

All I see in this iPhone is:

A5
    8 megapixel camera
    Bigger Battery
    Some "revolutionary" new feature

Bigger screen? No. All the apps are designed for 960x640 and 480x320. The iPhone 4's selling point is the RETINA display. Bigger screen = worse quality, and higher resolution = messed up apps. Not going to happen anytime soon.

Re-design? No. It was just redesigned last year.

17. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Wishful thinking... Apple doesn't care what the hardware android is running. They don't have to care cause everyone will run out and buy it even if its only a spec bump and Jobs God knows that.

18. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Same here, I just got my iPhone 4 a couple months ago.... I can't even AFFORD to upgrade lol. Maybe next year...

19. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

I think the greatness of the release will be exactly inversely proportionate to Apple's arrogance.

20. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Yup. Hopefully its big but I will just be on the bench for now.

21. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

That was just apart of wwdc. I guess your calling this apart if the iPod event? Which doesn't seem to get much attention. At least I never watch it. I hope apple is planning something bug with the iPhone to draw attention to their September event.

22. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I'm just hoping for HSPA+ support. Put that in and I'll upgrade. Don't put it in and I'm holding out till LTE.

23. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I agree. I don't see how it takes three extra months to put a bigger battery, an A5 and a camera upgrade. If they're going to take extra time, it probably means they need it for something big.

24. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I'm gonna go with:
    Possibly bigger display (3.7" or 3.8")
    Apple A5 chip
    64GB capacity
    8MP camera, better flash
    Same design and finish

iPhone 6 will probably be one heck of an update.

25. superdudeo macrumors regular

Don't get your hopes up, all indications are a really boring update. The delay apparently is to shift it closer to the xmas market. Screen size is really getting out of date now, even just a 3.7" would be good.