Something Strange Happening with my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLfanCA, Sep 24, 2015.

1. APPLfanCA macrumors regular

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Today I started noticing weird pop ups on my iPhone. These pop ups never happened with iOS 8, so I don't know if this is a new security feature or maybe some kind of hacking going on.

The first message was this morning and said I needed to update my passcode. I've never been asking to update my passcode and it was totally out of the blue. I updated it and everything was fine.

Now, I was in the Find my Friends app and this message popped up on the screen....

"Approval Request Sent: To continue using iCloud on this iPhone, approve it from one of your other devices using iCloud or enter your iCloud security code. [[debug interval xxxxxx (number goes there); wait time 2 ays]]"

2. APPLfanCA thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry about that - Disregard. I think it had something to do with iCloud Keychain. Didn't even know I had that turned on.

3. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Have you downloaded any Chinese software?

C

4. APPLfanCA thread starter macrumors regular

Not that I'm aware of. I hope not. I don't really use a lot of apps on my phone minus Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, things like that.

5. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Why on earth would you need to update your passcode? That sound weird. I don't have the new iOS on my phone but my husband does. I'll ask him if he's had to do this and get back to you.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

There have been quite a few threads in the past about similar prompts. I can't quite recall if a definitive reason behind it all has been found, despite plenty of suggestions, but it does seem like a legitimate thing (whatever the reason might be).

7. Whtchdr macrumors member

If you have an Exchange account or another enterprise profile installed , your admin can dictate that your passcode be updated on a regular basis.

8. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Oh okay. No, I definitely don't have anything like that.

9. APPLfanCA thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have anything like that, so I'm a bit weirded out. I've never been asking to update my passcode. o_O I noticed I had keychain on (by accident) and since I've turned it off nothing has happened. IDK. I am still suspicious. I almost want to restore everything and start fresh. I haven't downloaded any sketchy apps. I only have maybe ten and they are all "big name" apps like Facebook, Insta, Twitter, Buzzfeed, Yelp, etc etc.

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The passcode pop up was due to extra options being available in iOS 9

11. BensDiaz macrumors newbie

BensDiaz

I have the same problem, were you able to solve this?