[somewhat personal] Deoderant?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bc008, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

what kind do you use?

I used to use Axe dry, but my underarms of my shirts are all white.. anyone know of any deoderants for men that dont leave any white on shirts? anyone know how to get it off?

thanks! ;)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I use Right Guard and that is fine.

To be honest any deodorant other than Axe is good :p.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Does How Stuff Works have a page for you bc008!

p.s. I use a rexona roll on. I can keep it in my bag for work, the gym, uni, soccer etc. I'm a smelly, sweaty guy.

5. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

6. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

*Shrugs* Just whatever, at the moment I have Lynx, which there is nothing wrong with, I don't understand some peoples rather heated dislike of it. I suppose they are more a body spray but if you don't cake it on there is nothing wrong. Masking bad smells with it does make it bad, so I guess don't use it if your a smelly little bastard. Not a fan of Antiperspirants myself though, react badly with my skin.

Generally whatever Asda has on offer though.

7. foidulus macrumors 6502a

Anything by old spice

is usually pretty good.

Deodorant is one thing I am always very careful about when traveling overseas. As much as I love globetrotting, I don't like foreign deodorants. Maybe my prejudiced is a bit misguided, but when I was in Japan I ran out of deodorant about a week before I was set to return to the states, so I bought some Japanese stuff, and after I tried I spent about the next 30 minutes on the floor writhing in pain. That stuff burnt so bad! My arms hurt for about the next 2 weeks....

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I have never used one. I have a natural aroma of sandalwood.

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I guess the label was in Japanese? :eek:

10. mheidt macrumors member

LOL.
    Did it say Wasabi flavour :)

11. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I use Sure Ultimate... I like the Lynx adverts though, I used it once and I can safley say the adverts are MISLEADING! :D

12. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I don't tend to smell, so I only use deodorant at the gym. Adidas clear stick. Doesn't leave any white residue.

If you smell excessively, you might want to consider shaving your armpits. I know it's weird, but many women actually like it, and it cuts down on our pungent odour a lot.

13. letsgorangers macrumors 6502

aluminum is what stains the shirts i believe. adidas makes a stick w/o aluminum but it's pretty hard to find. but do take note that aluminum is what makes an antiperspirant work so you may still sweat -- you just won't stink and stain.

i see that someone mentioned the crystal deodorant. i used it for awhile but it eventually stopped working. i wouldn't recommend it.

14. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Maybe you're just not applying it properly... I've never had any trouble ;)

:D

15. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Old deodorant thread. Now archived.

I'm using, then as now, Sterilan (or Sure as it's called in the UK):

attachment.jpeg

16. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Trim the hair

The stains on the cloth are cause by the excess of the deodorant on the hair that then attaches to the clothes.

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

while i might not have a natural aroma of sandalwood, i have never used deodorant.

/shrug. just never had a need for it.

18. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

I use the Axe dry phoenix scent, and I have no problems with it staining shirts. Then again, I also keep my under arm hair trimmed down with a pair of clippers. I can't stand to actually 'shave' it, but trimming it helps a lot. You use less, you smell better, and no stains :)

19. uly macrumors newbie

20. Annndy! macrumors regular

Annndy!

I like most of the different Old Spice scents. Invisible Dry please, none of this silly gel stuff.

21. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Degree ultra dry, or some kind of Degree Sport.. which ever I buy

Sometimes if I am in a pinch switching deodorant will make my armpits burn and have an allergic reaction. So I try to stick with degree now, though I don't really need it with everyday use (just really if I play sports or if it is 100+ out) sp it's not that big of a deal if I forget one day or another.

22. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'll bet the guy I shared an elevator ride with yesterday thought the same thing... ;):D

When I was in high school a rather opinionated girl I worked with lectured me about using Old Spice because it is tested on animals. Been using it ever since.

Looking at the title, I was thinking, "that's not personal. This is personal".

23. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

1. I use adidas' whole range, I use a different one every day. I buy everything adidas lol. Look at the picture and let's analyse it.
    • Light blue: smells very pleasant, smells the same whether a little/lot is used.
    • Green: smells nice, but pungent if used too much.
    • Dark blue: smells very nice as well. Slightly too strong if used to much.
    • Orange: lighter smell compared to others, smells fresh.
    [​IMG]

2. They don't stain on clothes. I spray under-arm and on clothes as well. (you guessed it, they get sprayed on adidas t-shirts)

3. getting them off, urgh, try soap, then dishwashing liquid or toothpaste. If that doesn't work you might want to soak the clothes in water with some detergent overnight (or hydrogen peroxide AKA bleach). if all fails then I can't help you.

4. I think it's the alcohol/butane/propane and whatever is mixed in to pressurise the container (CO2?) that makes the whitish stain. I played around with a CO2 sprayer (just sprays out compressed CO2). It felt cold and made whatever looked white then disappeared. But I guess that was just a rapid condensation of water vapour.

24. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Well, if it's good enough to cover up animal stink, surely it's good enough for most people.

Me, I use your basic Mennen Speed Stick. Can't remember which flavor.

25. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

mitchum is for you my friend, no scents, and very safe on white and black shirts,, it also works very well for me, and i train and sweat like a horse everyday when i train at the gym (mma)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.