Somewhat Unique Question on iPhone Store Reservation.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleguy123, Jun 20, 2010.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

I reserved my father's and my iPhone through the app store app. Mine went through just fine and I got the confirmation email. However, my fathers didn't. He says that he will take my iPhone(which I am buying with my own money :confused:) if I cannot sort out his issue. I know that this problem is on Apple's server end and not mine.
    Can I still reserve an iPhone for guaranteed availability?
    If not can I forge a registration email (from my 32gb and replace it with 16gb) from my original email and give it to Apple and look oblivious( This is highly against my morals, but will do it if I have to).
    Thanks for your help!
    PS: IF ANYONE HAS A RESERVATION THAT THEY ARE NOT USING FOR THE WEST COUNTY STORE, I WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL

2. drewsky08 macrumors newbie

I need a little more information. Did you reserve 2 phones under a family plan, or did you just try and reserve two phones under your apple ID? If you did the latter, that is the reason why only yours was reserved successfully, as they are only allowing one reservation per ID.

In regards to forging an email, I don't think that will get you anywhere. If you got an email, you are completley in their system. Even if you come in with the email, if they aren't able to verify it in the system, I would assume they would turn you away. You can always give it a try, though. It's not like it's illegal or anything.

3. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 604

appleguy123

That's also a little odd. On the Apple site it only asked for his zip ss# and wireless number. I wasn't asked for an email ID or anything. I just selected the 16gb iPhone and it said :We'll see you there!"

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That's pretty lame of your dad, although I don't know the intricacies of your relationship.

Well maybe you should just get in line extra early on the 24th (a few hours before the store opens) and get the reserved phone and one walk-in.

5. drewsky08 macrumors newbie

Hmmm. Maybe you were already logged in. I know it asked me to log in before I was able to confirm my registration. I would be there super early and go in the non-reserved line FIRST and take care of that one, and then go to the reserved line, as that should go a LOT faster.

6. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 604

appleguy123

I doubt that he'd take it permanently. It's just that he saw that it made him look "cooler" to have the latest technology. And now he feels entitled to it. It's not really too much of a big deal if he takes it for a few day, although I would prefer to have it.

Could I go into the reserved line and he go into the walk-in line? My mom is authorized on the account and she could go in there with me.

7. ipaddyo macrumors newbie

Wow. Maybe if made your dad put a sticker on "his" iphone that said "Stolen from my son," he would think twice about it making him look "cool" :D

Make sure you have your dad with you on the 24th as the store will only give one iPhone to each person in line. That may be different though since you would be waiting twice.

8. ipaddyo macrumors newbie

I don't see why that wouldn't be possible. You may want to go in the walk-in line though because you can probably run faster at 6am.

9. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 604

appleguy123

My dad stealing my iPhone isn't really a big deal. It will only be a few days. Can we give more time to helping my issue (not that I'm mad at these kind of comments just that it isn't a big deal to me).

10. wrecks macrumors member

11. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 604

appleguy123

Can I still make a reservation for the store? That would be the most advantageous now.

12. Tino04 macrumors member

No, and getting another iPhone before the back end of July is unlikely

13. ipaddyo macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, I don't think so. You can always try on Apple's website or it's app, but I tried on Thursday and it said they were no longer accepting reservations. Might be different for your store though.

14. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

No reserves are closed.

Don't bother forging just wait in line you'll get it eventually.

15. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 604

appleguy123

Alright, I'll be running to the line when the mall opens for walkers. Any idea on that average time?

16. ringemaster macrumors member

I would highly advise getting there early (e.g., 5am) and get in the walk-in line. Have one of your parents meet you before the store is about to open to take your place. Then you go get in the reservation line. They order their phone without the reservation and you get yours from the reservation. You show the effort to solve the problem by getting their early and standing in line for them and you both get phones by 9am or so.

Good luck!

17. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 604

appleguy123

Our Apple Store is in a mall. That mall doesn't open until 6. Do I still Need to get there at 5? Would that help?

18. chrisperra macrumors member

chrisperra

I know for a fact that there is none left for reserve, but getting there early would be advisable so as to get your phone and a walk in phone, if available. Apple doesn't care about the confirmation email, it's just to let you know what you should expect.

19. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

your dad is going to take your phone. thats nice

20. andr3w macrumors newbie

Family plan

Slightly off-topic, but related. I reserved a phone for a Family plan. Does the main account holder have to be at the Apple Store or can I, as an authorized user on the account, pick it up? I placed the reservation under my Apple ID. I know all the account details (SS#, etc).

Thanks.

21. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 604

appleguy123

If you are authorized you can do it. I got my old iPhone 3GS while the main account holder (my father) was in Canada. I had to get my mom to do it.

22. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Talk to Apple. Someone at an AT&T store told me that I could get the phone from AT&T, but not from Apple. I'm going to an Apple Store today to ask, because I'd much rather go there.

23. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Main account holder has to be there. Same deal with Best Buy (I asked). The Authorized User thing is only for corporate AT&T stores.

24. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

FFFFFFFFFFF

25. cu2010 macrumors 6502

I find him rather charming :)