Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Asarayne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2023
Hello again everyone. I'm back to the place where people are nice, and actually helpful.

Now I know this may not be the best place to put this thread, so please tell me if it needs to be moved, and where the best place for this query is :)

I updated two of my macs yesterday to sonoma since oclp hit 1.0, yay!
Went fine for the macbook pro and air I have.

But I got to work today, and I installed it on my Mid 2012 Mac pro.
I thought, hell this is probably the most powerful Mac I have on hand, let's give it a go!

Installed fine, but once it hits the desktop, both my Bluetooth, and my USB 1.0 break, I have to keep using my mighty mouse in a hub, and the Bluetooth just keeps Turning itself off.

Im wondering, did I mess something up? Or is it just growing pains for the new release?

Orrrrrr. Is it that the macpro has hit its wall, and neither the Bluetooth, or usb 1.0 will ever work properly again.

Thanks for the time!

*edits for syntax*

Last edited:

svaradi

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2023
I have same situation. Venture was working fine in my mid 2012 MacbookPro9.1 I update with OCLP 1.0.1 to Sonoma and booting fine but after freezing and NO CURSOR!! Anybody has cursor problem with 1.0.1 patch?
Can I go back to Ventura?? How?? Start all over again?

Last edited:

svaradi

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2023
I have to correct myself. This above post is not TRUE. Finally I was able to start my Sonoma under OCLP . The trick: I have to login at first as ROOT. The user account was NOT finished with installation, that's why I thought the whole machine frozen, but NOT. So I can encourage everybody to install newer MacOS in the older Mac machine, just be patient.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Hello again everyone. I'm back to the place where people are nice, and actually helpful.

Now I know this may not be the best place to put this thread, so please tell me if it needs to be moved, and where the best place for this query is :)

I updated two of my macs yesterday to sonoma since oclp hit 1.0, yay!
Went fine for the macbook pro and air I have.

But I got to work today, and I installed it on my Mid 2012 Mac pro.
I thought, hell this is probably the most powerful Mac I have on hand, let's give it a go!

Installed fine, but once it hits the desktop, both my Bluetooth, and my USB 1.0 break, I have to keep using my mighty mouse in a hub, and the Bluetooth just keeps Turning itself off.

Im wondering, did I mess something up? Or is it just growing pains for the new release?

Orrrrrr. Is it that the macpro has hit its wall, and neither the Bluetooth, or usb 1.0 will ever work properly again.

Thanks for the time!

*edits for syntax*
You have to patch the system to make USB 1.1 work again.

The internal BT is also connected via USB 1.1. That's why it's also affected.

Reactions: MrScratchHook

svaradi

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2023
I just wondering anybody could run VIRTUALBOX in patched (1.0.1) Sonoma? I want to use it because sometimes I need Windows program also.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 12.59.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 12.59.42 PM.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 70

huge321

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2023
USB 1.1 support was outright removed in macOS Ventura and naturally this continues in Sonoma. While USB 1.1 may seem unimportant, it handles many important devices on your system. These include:

• Keyboard and Trackpad for laptops
  • IR Receivers
  • Bluetooth
With OpenCore Legacy Patcher v0.6.0+, basic support has been implemented via Root Volume patching. However due to this, users will need to use a USB hub for installation and post-OS updates when patches are cleaned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.