Sons how can we watch the annoucement live tomorrow???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bababoey14, Jul 15, 2010.

1. bababoey14 macrumors regular

Is it online...will CNN be covering it???

Thanks and God bless

2. Trakis macrumors member

was wondering the same thing. i'd say a 99.9% - 100% chance the only way is via some reporter who is live blogging from the thing. same as WWDC.

3. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I just follow Engadgets live feed, they have pictures and obviously write whats happening but they don't have an actual video feed where you can watch.

4. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

5. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

engadget will be there. I'm sure they will be blogging it

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

If I was apple, I would try to just deliver the message and end the conference. I wouldn't broadcast it live.

7. buckca macrumors newbie

We will get all kinds of coverage from the press that will be at the annoucement, but I would be surprised if there is any sort of live coverage.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No way in hell will Apple allow it to be broadcast live. I wouldn't doubt they block wifi and/or wireless signals.

9. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Will MR be broadcasting updates from their Twitter like they do with WWDC?

10. scottuf macrumors 6502

i thought it was a press conference, not a typical apple event. i doubt they will allow the press to ask questions though.

11. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

wait.. what??
    how does apple block wifi?

12. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

Just go to Gizmodo's liv.... wait, they weren't invited? Or were they?

13. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

Gizmodo is still awesome. Just because they broke the iPhone story everyone hates them it seems. Every blog would of done the same thing if they had the chance. Not every blog site can get their material right 100% of the time either

14. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

Woah, woah, calm down people. I had no intent to flame about Gizmodo, or change the subject of this thread...

Lighten up!

15. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Actually, many blogs had the same chance, including Engadget. They passed, because it was illegal and they weren't willing to break the law for a story.

The best part is, Gizmodo shot themselves in the foot, some of their people may go to prison, and they STILL didn't really get the story. No mention of the retina display, no mention of the antenna....

Idiots.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Gizmodo is not now nor have they ever been awesome. As a matter of fact, since the incident, they are acting even more like a bunch of teenagers.

17. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

It is illegal to block cellphone signals in the United States.

18. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Agreed. And I doubt they will ever be invited to another Apple event of any kind. Does buying an essentially stolen phone seem worth it now-? I wouldn't think so.

19. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Put a PW on it and dont give out the PW?

20. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

Where did engadget have the chance to get the iPhone? Link? Yes, they did break the law but Apple did choose to not send them an invite to the WWDC. Kinda teenagerish too, but not as much as giz.

21. wardev macrumors regular

It's illegal to use a device to jam signals, not to prohibit use of wifi or block IR signals through walls, which can be achieved by using a room with no signal or using IR blocking paint (not sure if it's available yet, heard about it some time ago).

22. Venator macrumors newbie

Gizmodo is awesome, and the fact that they are the ones that did break the iphone story, shows that they have more journalistic guts and the will to chase/find stories than any of the rest copy-pasters.

Stop being fanboys and realize that if you pay something (ie, Apple), it ought to be your bitch, and to serve YOU and not the other way around.

Don't crap prototypes everywhere if you don't want them found, and don't design things wrong, if you don't want people to call them out as such. Simples.

23. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Apple isn't going to ban recording devices from a press conference. This isn't a Apple event for launching a product.

24. phrint macrumors 6502

Do you work for Gizmodo? Most of the tech blogs are biased and trash. Trying to find value in them is much harder today than a few years ago. The people at Gizmodo are acting like crybabies because of the iPhone 4 fiasco. Now they are trying to drag Apple's name through the mud. Pretty childish if you ask me.

You do realize these guys aren't journalists right? They are bloggers. Big difference.

25. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Engadget had THAT chance.