Sony Announcement at E3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Jun 26, 2008.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Heres a round up of what I think will be shown and demoed at E3.

System Update 2.40 which includes the weather station and news.
    The Movie store
    KillZone 2 - Playable Demo
    Little Big Planet - Playable
    Motorstorm 2 - Playable
    Pixel Junk Eden - Playable
    Resistence 2 - Single player and the 300 feet boss battles
    SOCOM
    Infamous
    New Team ICO Project

Soul Cal with appearance by Kratos
    White Knight Chronicles
    FFXIII - New Trailer
    FFVS - New Trailer
    Fallout 3......I can't wait for this one
    New RPG ip

GOW3 .....thats it.....E3 just got shut down:D

Bless

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

HOME previewed (yet again) and delayed (yet again)....

By the time it comes out will anyone care? Especially if we have in game XMB and trophies by then without the need to boot up some silly GUI.

Game wise? Well I'm hoping we finally get details on Heavy Rain as information has been sparse for over a year.

3. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

It is gonna be a good one. Only problem is that most of these games are still so far off. Next year is gonna be an amazing year with regard to games on the PS3 though.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ yeah 2009 is looking great game wise, but I'm sure there are a myriad of titles that will pour out before the year ends that are really great... it's just we don't know of them yet. :D

5. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm sure we'll see the likes of R2, LBP and SOCOM this year. I almost forgot about "origami killer(Heavy Rain)" hope they show something on that as well.

Mirror's Edge also looks to be an interesting title...hope we see more of it.

White knight Chronicles looks good....if its real time battle then I'll check it out.

Bless

6. evan g macrumors regular

They'll probably release some pretty good games, but I'm willing to bet that a lot of games that we have been waiting for have been delayed some more.

I own a PS3, and I can't believe I'm saying this. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, and Sony will finally kick my summer in gear. :cool:

7. asxtb macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Google Wireless Transcoder;))

In-game XMB please! Only about 2 years late.

And I'm looking forward to Motorstorm 2!

8. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wheres the horned kid when you need him....I heard he's good at taking down giant monsters

Bless

Attached Files:

9. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Here's to hoping. :D There are a lot of good games out for the PS3, it is just that so few of them are truly exceptional.

10. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Did some reading and came upon sony secret game in the works.....so called "tears of blood" A BBC reporter saw it and was amazed by it so this should be interesting.

Also I think the Namco/Sony team studio "Cellius" will show off some of their games they have planned.

Anything that comes out of the Team ICO studio will be amazing IMO

Should be an interesting E3

Bless

11. KurtangleTN macrumors 6502a

The most interesting part of Mirror's Edge is it has color!!!

I'm hoping for some Fallout 3 details, mainly I want to see if custom content on the PS3 is possible. It was possible on UT3 and it worked very well, I hope that they really take advantage of Sony's openness to allow this, because this would make it have a huge advantage over the 360 version where MS would not allow it on the Xbox. But I doubt it.

I think the PS3 will come come up on top this E3, especially if they can surprise the crowd, I think they already have the best confirmed lineup. But MS has no shame and a lot of money, so they could copy home, Miis, and motion controls right there this show. If Nintendo's seems like an brag fest and then shows like 2 clips of new games, they will have a hell storm on their hands with hardcore gamers.

Anyway Resistance 2 is where it's at for me, I'm more interested to see how you take down the large bosses. My hope is that it's semi non linear where you have many paths to actually do it, rather than just one and one only.

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Some new RPG's would be nice. Honestly, the 360 is cleaning up with exclusives. Sony needs to get their crap together and just pay publishers for exclusivity since it's clearly working with Sqeenix and Namco.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ I think Microsoft are playing a canny game.

They must know that there is nothing that's going to rejuvenate 360 sales in Japan, however by buying up all the JRPG games now and thereby peeving ps3 owners, they are biding their time and associating the microsoft brand name with those particular games (instead of people just assuming squeenix with sony)

Come the next gen of the next gen (720 or whatever they call it) the Japanese may not be so skeptical about it and will just assume it will get those type of games because the 360 had exclusivity before it, and therefore it 'may' sell better...

However.. That doesn't help sony now. However I think the PS3 is doing grand at the moment. I'd like to see some original titles like LocoRoco and Patapon appear on the home console. The PS3 locoroco spinoff was dire.

14. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Once I get my horror fix then everything is fine and dandy....as you can see this is the year of survival horror games. Next year will be a cold month for me so I gotta suck it all in now.

Silent Hill: Homecoming
    Siren: Blood Curse
    Dead Space

Bless

15. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Well Sony better have something fan-freakin-tastic to combat the news MS poured on us today.

16. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

That FF announcement was big...huge actually. The rest of MS announcements was okay and expected.

Now lets see what the Big S gotta say

Bless

17. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

18. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Can't wait for more stuff on Little Big Planet.

Fallout 3 has caught my eye at Microsoft's conference.

Looking forward to Resistance 2 as well.

19. Ozz.Man macrumors member

I am hoping that Resistance 2 is much better. Resistance was alright but to me it was nothing to write home about. Personally I have paid less $ for better games. Multiplayer is pretty danged good though.

20. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Im not sure what people see in Resistance and Killzone... they arent very good, at least not compared to PC fps's. Console FPS's always end up being blah.

I do really hope they show more of Mirror's Edge though. Its multiplatform so maybe theyll show more for the PS3. I was really impressed by the trailer, I would love a first person adventure game rather than another shooter.

If they dont show the next ico game then I'll be really disapointed. Its not something they should be keeping secret anyways, if they were smart they would be using it to hype the PS3 as having games every bit as innovative as the Wii.

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Many people including myself couldn't care less about PC gaming (other than RCT3 for me) and there are examples of great console shooters.

Whilst i'm skeptical about Killzone 2 after the horror that was Killzone 1 (and the other recent turkey HAZE - even though I still played & finished it) I am willing to give the game a fighting chance and it looks like it's shaping up to be one of the best console FPS's to date, but only time will tell.

22. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm worried about Fallout 3....it really didn't look that good. This is one of my most anticipated games of 2008 and it looks like Postal for the PC.

Do want Siren:Blood Curse on Bluray SONY!

Bless

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah.. I'm reluctant to download it tbh! I'd much rather pay the cash for a bluray version now!!

24. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I saw Mirror's Edge demoed at the EA conference and it reminds me so much of portal....I'm liking it...more of a puzzle type FPS they got going there.

Dead Space has just become my most anticipated game of 2008....That game looks exciting and scary.....Double Helix better bring horror fest that is Silent Hill or I'm jumping ship....not really though;)

Bless

25. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica