Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
I saw Mirror's Edge demoed at the EA conference and it reminds me so much of portal....I'm liking it...more of a puzzle type FPS they got going there.

Dead Space has just become my most anticipated game of 2008....That game looks exciting and scary.....Double Helix better bring horror fest that is Silent Hill or I'm jumping ship....not really though;)

Bless

Oh man, a new Silent Hill would be killer.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Yeah, I honestly am a little hopeful that Sony will be able to combat the MS news the other day, because the FF announement was huge. I wonder if Sony saw it coming...

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Dead Space has just become my most anticipated game of 2008....That game looks exciting and scary.....

I downloaded the E3 trailer on the 360 and was not impressed. It looked like a cross between Riddick & Doom 3 (with much poorer graphics) messed up with Resident Evil / Silent Hill but not really as good as either.

Of course it could just be a poor trailer, but still :eek:

RE5 & a proper new Silent Hill please.

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
Announcing old games are now $29.99? Yeah Sony just got worse (for now)

Speaking of old games, had Nintendo announced they were finally going to release Majora's Mask on VC, that would have been more exciting than the combined announcements of their keynote. But I digress...

/hijacking rant

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Announcing old games are now $29.99? Yeah Sony just got worse (for now)

And saying that 180 games are coming to the PS2 this year is not cause for celebration, it's cause for concern that all them games and devs see it better, almost 2 years in, to make games for an older system. :eek: Even worse is that PS3's here can't play them at all.

Truth be told they're all saying stupid things this year. Nintendo's "putting smiles on faces" was too cringeworthy.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
I thought it was good. Way more surprises. And MAG looks great!

-Resistance 2
-LittleBigPlanet
-PS2 bundle with batman. $150
-Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty
-Gran Turismo TV
-PSN games
-Home
-Downloadable movie rentals, buys, and TV shows. Starts today.
-Resistance PSP
-PSP Ratchet and Clank bundle $200
-DC Universe Online
-God of War 3
-Infamous
-MAG 256 player online battles

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
Agreed. That was a big dud. Only really big things was God of War 3 Resistance 2 and SOCOM. I was hoping for PSP news as I just picked one up, but that was a dud too. IMO, nothing matched MS stealing FF13 in NA and Europe for all of the conferences.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Sony just beat Nintendo for worse kenynote at E3 2008. I am sorry but E3 has been a dud this year.

You gotta be kidding me....Nintendo conference was a snore..all three of the conference was bad but the big N sucked hardest.

Well Sony is down to one SKU which is the 80GB going for $399.99USD....I was mostly interested in PSP titles like Resistance, Patapon 2 & locoroco.

Kung fu rag doll game looks to be fun and I'm glad they didn't run on about numbers and crap.....still not that impressive.

R2 and SOCOM most impressive.

Bless

Motley

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2005
Sony just beat Nintendo for worse kenynote at E3 2008. I am sorry but E3 has been a dud this year.

No, Sony's was just bland and uninteresting, Nintendo's was downright dumb.

The only big thing this year was the Xbox360 Netflix and Final Fantasy announcements, which is sad.

kjr39

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
No, Sony's was just bland and uninteresting, Nintendo's was downright dumb.

The only big thing this year was the Xbox360 Netflix and Final Fantasy announcements, which is sad.

C'mon now. You forgot that there are avatars on Live! now (because that doesn't make them look like an also ran in the idea category.)

Oh, and I can now watch a movie with my friends.....over the Internet... (who the hell watches movies with their friends over the Internet?!)

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
Agreed. That was a big dud. Only really big things was God of War 3 Resistance 2 and SOCOM. I was hoping for PSP news as I just picked one up, but that was a dud too. IMO, nothing matched MS stealing FF13 in NA and Europe for all of the conferences.

The fact that you can list three "really big things" means it was better than Nintendo's keynote.

I do find it very amusing, though, that the most fun we're having about E3 is the debate on which of the three big name presentations was the worst. :D

Actually, that gives me an idea...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.