Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Sony Pictures and Rovio today revealed the first full-length trailer for next summer's film adaptation of the popular iOS game Angry Birds (via Coming Soon). First announced back in 2012, the movie stars Jason Sudeikis as Red, Josh Gad as Chuck, Danny McBride as Bomb, and Bill Hader as the villainous pig Leonard. According to the film's producer John Cohen, the movie aims to answer the question posed most to Rovio by the game's fans, "Why are these birds so angry?"

The movie is set to debut in theaters on July 1, 2016. When it opens, The Angry Birds Movie will premiere about seven years after the release of the original game. Earlier in the year, developer Rovio reported its first major profit decline since the debut of the first Angry Birds, and even began laying off employees last month.

Article Link: Sony Pictures Releases First Official Trailer for 'The Angry Birds Movie'

Reactions: iLoveiTunes

naeS1Sean

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Scranton, PA
I'm sure kids will like it. I haven't played it in years, but I remember AB being the first game I got. I thought it was awesome that they blinked. Lol

seamer

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2009
I'm sure the original creators of Crush the Castle will be thrilled at the news of this trailer coming out. ;)

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
The characters are practically unrecognizable and it hurts the brand. That's the price of modifying characters to work in a feature film.

AskMcG

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2014
Never was a big fan of the game, had it for 30 seconds before deleting it, but disregarding where it came from, I'd totally watch that!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Very fitting choice of song there.
I don't watch many films but I've noticed all these trailers have the same types of jokes, the same delivery. Seems very boring.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I hate to say it but it looked way better than I expected. As a father to 2 young boys, I will be forced to watch it regardless, but I have to admit, I chuckled more than once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.