Soo.. i Walked into Best Buy today..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bigmike300c, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Bigmike300c macrumors newbie

so i went to best buy today to Pre-Order a :apple: 16GB WiFi iPad2.. n they told me they are not taking pre orders anymore.. so i was kinda pissed off about it.. so i asked whats the chances of you guys having any iPad 2 in stock? so he said give me a sec.. goes in the back for a minute and come's back with a 16GB 3G (verizon) so of course i bought it.. :D

so it made me wonder.. are stores holding them back? or did i just get extremely lucky?

2. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Just joshing you.......congrats!!!
    [​IMG]

3. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

4. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

Congrats and enjoy. Should feel good to be done with your search.

5. Bigmike300c thread starter macrumors newbie

Here Ya Go.. LoL

Attached Files:

6. Bigmike300c thread starter macrumors newbie

and i didn't even search too hard.. it was the 1st store i went 2..

i was almost gonna sell it.. but my son was too excited to play with it.. so we opened it up.. i guess i will play with it if he ever goes to sleep LoL

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wow, I always knew BB was a bunch of ex burger flipping amateurs, but this takes the cake. They gave you an iPad someone else has been waiting patiently for (and paid a deposit on), probably for the past 8 days. Well, good for you I suppose.

8. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

I was not serious,I believed you, lol, hence the best meme ever....success baby, but awesome for you dude, I get mine, 64GB white verizon monday enjoy <(^__^<)

9. Bigmike300c thread starter macrumors newbie

i was looking for a reason to post the pic of my son anyways LoL

10. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

That kid looks exactly how I'm going to look when I get mine....smiling ear to ear. I might even make an audible "YESSSS!." Who knows:D.

11. mbairdennis macrumors newbie

This is the reason why you can get it without the wait or deposit. This is not lucky or what. It's the truth that people are not that interested to Verizon iPads...

12. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

Yeah I see what you mean, but unless you are a worldly traveller, or Verizon coverage where you live sucks, I fail to see why AT&T is perceived as the "better" 3G option, Aside from GSM being traveller friendly+++

13. MBPLurker macrumors member

You're basing your childish rant on the faulty premise that the model he found was a reserved model. :rolleyes:

14. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

It's possible nobody had happened to reserve that model at that best buy. Both verizon and 16gb seem to have fewer BB orders than other options.

15. MBPLurker macrumors member

I'm sure a lot of people have cancelled their preorders there as well since they can't guarantee they'll get it before online ordering.

16. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well here in NYC, the Chelsea Best Buy has a stack of folders for preorders, one for each model, that totals 5 inches thick. So my bad for assuming it was a preorder. But BB are still a bunch of ex burger flipping amateurs.

17. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

Dude you are loving that pic tonight. Is he your son or something???

18. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Sometimes they have no clue at all at Best Buy.

19. chochoo macrumors newbie

wow lucky you op.

i preordered my ipad2 and am the first person in line and i still havent received any calls from bb.

i know im first because they didn't know that preordering existed until i told them about it and they found the proper forms to filled out. because of their incompetence, it made me wonder if they actually had the preorders in order (like first one who preordered gets it first and so on). i actually think that they probably mixed up the forms.

i called them about it and as their usual line, "We will get back to you as soon as we have ipad 2s in stock."

20. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Seems like Verizon iPads are like iPad1s around here, stepchilds.
    here, most people want ATTs 3G iPad2 version. those are rare. but I got one on CL yesterday. yay.

21. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I was gonna ask the same thing lol.

22. Bigmike300c thread starter macrumors newbie

yes that is my 3 yr old son.. he can work the ipad better then i can.. LOL

23. Bigmike300c thread starter macrumors newbie

why is the Att one is more in demand then the verizon? i don't even know if i'm going to activate my 3g or Not.. i wouldn't mind trading it for a White WiFi only Model

24. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

you are loving that pic tonight. Is he your son or something???[/QUOTE]

Jeez That's only the second time I use the success baby meme, chill out bro lol.

He's not my kid, I can only hope my kid is made of half as much WIN as the success baby is.