Soooo stoked!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jondaviseffect, Dec 25, 2008.

1. jondaviseffect macrumors newbie

jondaviseffect

Woke up at 730 like a little kid and ripped open my new 8gb black iPhone 3g. Ive been on it since and just wanted to tell you all how excited I am. Btw I'm posting this with the iPhone right now

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

It gets boring after a while...unless you jailbreak! ;)

3. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

haha good times.

plan on being on it for the rest of the day, most of the night, and right when you wake up again.

4. Daveecee macrumors regular

I don't understand why people here insist on jailbreaking the phone. Why is it so hard to believe that somebody could fully enjoy it in its natural form?

5. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Good for you!

I just got an Aluminum MacBook for Christmas, and I'm loving every bit of it. =]

6. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I bought mine in August and I haven't JB and I'm still having fun with it!

7. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Congrats! And I honestly don't see why people feel that jailbreaking is a near-necessity, in my eyes the phone is fine the way it comes out of the box (plus apps of course). Sure there might be a few added bonuses, but I'm fine with it.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

As long as you're okay with having less functionality, more power to you.

9. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

I have to send the opposing opinion to this. I have an unlocked iPhone, but jailbreaking screws up the phone so much (I usually had to restore on average twice a month. Since I uninstalled Cydia/Installer through a restore, I've not had a problem). Anyone that says the iPhone is as reliable with the jailbreak is just plain lying. Sorry.

Sorry, but jailbreaking just isn't worth it now that the App store is open. Half the apps in Cydia/Installer don't work properly and charge for licenses, so I'd take the app store over that kind of sandbox any day.

10. MST macrumors 6502

MST

Glad you're having fun with it! Whether it be stock or JB all that counts is that you enjoy using it.

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm sorry that you think I'm lying when I tell you that I've never had a single problem with jailbreaking ever.

12. Daveecee macrumors regular

Tallest, can you point me toward the point in jailbreaking the iPhone? Like, what exactly kind of increased functionality are we talking about? I haven't really read much about it, so when I said I don't understand that's exactly what I meant. Googling just gives me links on how to do it, not why I would want to do it. My understanding was that it gave more applications but, now we have the app store. So, educate me please?

13. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Liar.

14. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

The App store that you see on the iPhone is a place where you can download Apple approved applications. There are all sorts of apps on there but all of the apps have to run according to a certain set of rules made by Apple. These rules can be quite restrictive in some cases.

Jailbreaking your phone allows you access to non-Apple approved applications. Again there are all sorts of apps but these don't need to run to any of the rules made by Apple.

15. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Way to screw his thread.
    Excellent Christmas Pressie - Congrats! :D

16. svndmvn Guest

Santa says you better be a good boy and not jailbreak it!
    Seriously, if you really need some extra stuff a jailbroken can do, sure you can, it doesn't mean you should or shouldn't.
    They are kind of like 2 different devices to some, and it's useless to talk about the privileges of one over another, it's just subjective.

17. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Lol. Yeah right. I've had an iPhone since February, and the novelty factor shows no signs of abating! :D

18. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

19. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

Well contradulations!

Just be careful.. I've already had my iPhone stolen then a few months later my iPod touch stolen. And yes I do take good care of it.

20. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Congrats.

Don't listen to anyone downing Jailbreaking.

And don't flaunt it, because flaunting leads to jealously, and jealously leads to stealing. ;)

21. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Ugh. Did I just read your location correctly - Seattle area? Stolen in that location? :(

To the OP, Congrats on your candy... err I mean iPhone :p

22. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

if you dont know what you are doing or installing, then yes, it might screw up your phone. However I have had my iPhone since September 2007, jailbroke it from day one and never ever had to restore for proper operation till this day.

I can see why some people just don't see the necessity in jailbreaking. In older days, installer was king but now with the store things changed.

23. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Jailbreaking is a must if you want to have things running in the background. Like a status notifier if you have a text or missed call, so it vibrates every X amount of seconds.

I also have a lojack installed on my iPhone.

24. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

hmm increased functionality.. If you couldn't jailbreak the Iphone I would honestly not use it... ever :p

I mean, Landscape SMS is just a MUST after having jailbroken it... the BiteSMS app is my main choice.

the Backgrounder app is also a MUST, multitasking is great on the Iphone

Colored signal bars... just looks SO much better! than the grey boring standard apple signal bars.

Carrier logo instead of the standard text.. is just COOL

installing the Tap to Unlock button is just BETTER than having to swipe it open everytime you gotta do something on the phone.. specially while driving.

installing Cycorder to be able to RECORD friggin video on the phone is also GREAT.

and at last but not least... The ability to install expensive cracked apps instead of paying $25 for it because some developer jerk throught he could rip you off a little extra by charging so much for an application

I know it's up to them how much they want to charge but some of the prices on appstore is just absurd considering how many copies they are selling.

well that was just a few things I do with my jailbroken Iphone. :D

I mean check it out THIS is increased functionality on my very own:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

25. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I agreed with you up until this, which revealed you are nothing but a common thief.