Sopranos series ending! Spoiler

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aniej, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

wow. what the hell was that ending, are you kidding me. :mad:

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i know first i thought my cable went out.... not only was the episode terrible but the ending... :mad:

3. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

What i dont understand, without spoiling anything.... wtf was with the sound? Or, should I say, lack there of?

4. climhazzard85 macrumors member

climhazzard85

I might be the only one but I liked the ending a lot. Made you paranoid the whole time, then..nothing.

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

What happened? I never watch the show, I wanna know why the ending was so bad

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

7. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

A lot of buildup for NOTHING. Complete crap ending to a fantastic series. I've been watching that show for YEARS and it ends like that?

Ugh

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i smell a spinoff of the son owning a club in LA.
    anyone else laughing when they played journey. :D

9. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

You're not the only one.

FANTASTIC ending! Overall, I thought they did a great job with the episode. The suspense was fantastic, and they setup perfectly for a future movie (which HBO is pushing for).

10. Frisco macrumors 68020

Yeah what happened?

11. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I was guessing the abrupt darkness was what Tony saw after he was shot in the back of the head. Over instantly. :mad:

12. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

I was taking it as Tony seeing meadow coming into the resturaunt. The ending sucked, but it was good to see Phil get killed

13. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Interesting idea, I didn't see it that way but it makes a lot of sense. I guess either way we won't ever know (unless they make a movie).

14. climhazzard85 macrumors member

climhazzard85

Well wasn't the point of the conversation between AJ and Tony basically that life goes on? Not to mention Don't Stop Believing being played in the background.

15. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I'm not really down on the ending

this will sound dumb to nearly everyone

from 9:30 on, I was at the edge of my chair ... waiting for "it" to happen

something to totally shock me.

but they had the option not to do that. And they used that option, no one was really predicting hey, things are pretty much the same ....

at the same time, I don't think it was the best show ending i've ever seen. I'm glad it wasn't all a dream or anything dumb like that. At the same time David Chase made a choice, its his show, he doesn't owe us anything. We don't look at flaws in artwork and complain about it ... yet a tv show ....

16. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

you want the spoiler here is the spoiler...

Sopranos movie! that is why they cut how they did. it is such bull.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Chase has gone on record saying no movie and that he was done with the show.

18. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

Ditto to both. I'm good with the ending. I feel like it was symbolic of how Tony will always be looking over his shoulder, always wondering if this is the end. Meadow parallel parking – I'm not so certain about, but I'm sure I'm just not thinking outside the box enough. ;)

Nice homage to The Godfather with that guy going into the men's room at the restaurant.

And as my sis said: NY couldn't have won... this is a Jersey show!

19. TimJim macrumors 6502a

it ended with what the show was originally about if you watched it from the beggining. about a family.

i liked the ending

20. climhazzard85 macrumors member

climhazzard85

I think that Tony is dead. Tony and Bobby were talking and Bobby said that you probably don't even hear it when it happens. Makes sense, right?

21. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The final cut wasn't from Tony's POV, so I doubt it. All the "characters" wandering in were red herrings, just to make us all paranoid.

22. tristan macrumors 6502a

I think the writer of the last scene let us down by not making clear what happened to Tony. I don't demand that everything be spelled out, but if he's getting killed in the diner, at least show us a gun and a semi-familiar face, like one of the NY henchmen, to give us enough info to draw our own conclusions.

I'm glad that they resolved all of the other plot lines (although they kind of dropped that whole gambling thing). But what happened to Tony? Did he get killed? Indicted? Retire in Miami? We'll never know, and that's not good writing.

23. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

A piss-poor ending to a piss-poor episode of a piss-poor season. All this crap about the "viewer making up their own ending" is ridiculous. We dont write for the show. The writers/director/creator is suppose to supply us with the finality.

I hope some day David Chase is watching his favorite sports team in a championship game, it comes right down to the wire, and his electricity goes out so he doesnt get to see how the game ends. Same thing here.

24. TimJim macrumors 6502a

no he didnt get killed, they just ended it. they kept him alive to set it up for a movie.

TONY DIDNT GET KILLED

25. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly