SOS,cant read my WD hd

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wadfndfn, Sep 6, 2013.

1. wadfndfn macrumors newbie

just got a retina macbook pro, cant read my WD HD. before i used a normal macbook pro, it was fine ( readable and writable )
    it's weird that when i connect my hard disk to time capsule, the macbook can read it at "finder-shared". but when i connect it to mac. i cant find it!!!
    anyone could tell me what happened? how to solve this problem???

many many thanks ..

2. offgray macrumors member

3. wadfndfn thread starter macrumors newbie

mac ox extended journaled. it should be right, because the disk can be read and write before when i used a normal macbook pro.

4. kant macrumors 6502

Is it USB and FireWire? I have a couple of those and every once in a while one of them won't read via FireWire. I connect it via USB, reboot, and then eject the drive. Connect it back to the FireWire and it's good for another 4 or 5 months. It happens just often enough I don't use them for backups of anything majorly important

5. offgray macrumors member

"Normal macbook pro" Do you mean your old one? Your old one might've had something like Paragon NTFS for Mac.

Can you take a screenshot of what it says in disk utility when you view your WD HD?

6. wadfndfn thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you guys
    i use USB connect to my Mac. see pictures
    see, when i connect to my mac, the light is on and it's kinda vibrate so im pretty sure it works. but nothing happened on my mac, i cant find it at disk utilities too.
    but when i connect it to time capsule, it works fine, see metro station, that's my WD HD.
    so i guess it's USB problem??
    im sure it's not paragon problem, cos i also have paragon NTFS on my mac now.

Attached Files:

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Has it suffered any drops? Seems like the HDD failed. There should be no problem between having one disk for two (or more) Macs