Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
keysersoze said:
Red Sox have won last 5 straight...working on 6 as I write!

good for Jeter....nothing like $17M for a .165 batting average.

:)

Don't forget those 4 championship rings he helped them earn.

idkew said:
there you go. i think the definition of a great player is 1 for 29, with a HR. surely anyone with that record is the king of baseball, and ny.

Everyone one stuggles, even the best. And yes, still the King ;)

Freakk123

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2003
Bronx, NY
Jeter is overrated. Out of the three "big" shortstops in the AL, he was always number three, in both batting and in the field. If you don't believe me, just look at the stats. Unfortunately, George Steinbrenner is evil ( ;) :D ) so he takes the best of the three Shortstops, and moves him to third base. What a (expletive deleted). Can't stand the man.

Also, I have nothing against Jeter. I think he is a great player, but there are still many players who are better. He's one of the few people on the Yankees who don't make me grimace hearing their name.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Freakk123 said:
Jeter is overrated. Out of the three "big" shortstops in the AL, he was always number three, in both batting and in the field. If you don't believe me, just look at the stats. Unfortunately, George Steinbrenner is evil ( ;) :D ) so he takes the best of the three Shortstops, and moves him to third base. What a (expletive deleted). Can't stand the man.

Also, I have nothing against Jeter. I think he is a great player, but there are still many players who are better. He's one of the few people on the Yankees who don't make me grimace hearing their name.

Greatness is not measured soley by individual stats.

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
NH
noel4r said:
I cheered for the Red Sox last year but to be fair Yankees dont suck. Yankees is the MLB.

Fair? Yankees? those words shouldn't be in the same sentence!

and they really do suck. :)

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
*sigh* They do not. All right, well since this is the Yankees/Sox bashing contest thread: Suxers.

And do we need a sports forum on here? (Tell me no, because that would turn me off a little...)

(Note to self: Get out of the room...79ºF and no AC = not cool.)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Looks to me like the Sox might get swept by the Rangers as the Yankees have won 6 in a row. :) :D :p

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
MacNut said:
Looks to me like the Sox might get swept by the Rangers as the Yankees have won 6 in a row. :) :D :p

Looks like Sox did get swept by the Rangers, and the Yankees have won 6 in a row.

1.5 Games back to make up yet. BoSux will only be looking in the rear view mirror for a short while longer. Here come the Yanks baby!

Meanwhile Brian Cashman is working on deals for either/all of
Ben Sheets, Randy Johnson, Junior Griffey.

Oh man Griffey in Pin Strips, Junior and Arod Reunite!

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Koodauw said:
Looks like Sox did get swept by the Rangers, and the Yankees have won 6 in a row.

1.5 Games back to make up yet. BoSux will only be looking in the rear view mirror for a short while longer. Here come the Yanks baby!

Meanwhile Brian Cashman is working on deals for either/all of
Ben Sheets, Randy Johnson, Junior Griffey.

Oh man Griffey in Pin Strips, Junior and Arod Reunite!
And then they get beat by the Mariners again :p

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Is it me or are the Mariners one of the worst teams in baseball right now. :)

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
MacNut said:
Is it me or are the Mariners one of the worst teams in baseball right now. :)

It's not you. The Mariners seem content to contend but not to win. Because of this mediocre approach they aren't even contending this year. :rolleyes:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I think its time this site gets a sports thread.

Its kinda sad to see the Tigers with a better record than the Mariners. :rolleyes:

Geez... what's all this Yankees suck nonsense?

I'm a huge Yankees fan, but I don't think the Red Sox suck. If they sucked, they wouldn't have taken us to 7 games in the ALCS last year. Saying that a team of the Yankees caliber sucks shows emotionalism and ignorance.

They say there's a rivalry between the Bosox and Yanks. Is there? Have the Red Sox rivaled us through the years, swapping WS championships with us, playing on level ground with us? Most certainly not. Yet I do not say that the Red Sox suck. They're professionals who always force the Yanks to play their best.

I'd be happy too if I were a Boston fan and, especially after last October, my boys took a 6 of 7 lead in the season series with that same team this year. But a) it's a looooooooong season, and b) even if you win 18 of the 19 games, it still means diddly come October. Your bragging rights could be the only victory you have for the season. Wait until October before you get too excited.

My biggest concern for the Yankees is the return of Steinbrenner to the helm. When he was out of the spotlight, the Yankees were able to forge a dynasty, cultivating their farm system and building a core around home-grown talent. Without him, there was relative calm in the Yankee dugout. No off-the-field nonsense with Steinbrenner telling this player or that coach how they should do their jobs.

Now that he's back, I fear a return to the 80s when we really did suck because of the Frankensteining of the team with self-absorbed free agents and such. Steinbrenner, in my opinion, is more of a threat the Yankees' chances this year than are the Red Sox.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Kethoticus said:
I'm a huge Yankees fan, but I don't think the Red Sox suck. If they sucked, they wouldn't have taken us to 7 games in the ALCS last year. Saying that a team of the Yankees caliber sucks shows emotionalism and ignorance.

They say there's a rivalry between the Bosox and Yanks. Is there? Have the Red Sox rivaled us through the years, swapping WS championships with us, playing on level ground with us? Most certainly not. Yet I do not say that the Red Sox suck. They're professionals who always force the Yanks to play their best.

I'd be happy too if I were a Boston fan and, especially after last October, my boys took a 6 of 7 lead in the season series with that same team this year. But a) it's a looooooooong season, and b) even if you win 18 of the 19 games, it still means diddly come October. Your bragging rights could be the only victory you have for the season. Wait until October before you get too excited.

My biggest concern for the Yankees is the return of Steinbrenner to the helm. When he was out of the spotlight, the Yankees were able to forge a dynasty, cultivating their farm system and building a core around home-grown talent. Without him, there was relative calm in the Yankee dugout. No off-the-field nonsense with Steinbrenner telling this player or that coach how they should do their jobs.

Now that he's back, I fear a return to the 80s when we really did suck because of the Frankensteining of the team with self-absorbed free agents and such. Steinbrenner, in my opinion, is more of a threat the Yankees' chances this year than are the Red Sox.

Well jeez, if you're going to be mature about this we won't have anything to talk about. :eek:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The Yankees Suck, Red Sox Suck thing doesn't actually mean they suck, its more of a way of saying I hate you :rolleyes: Or its like if I say you suck, you might not really suck but its a nice way of saying, go to hell. So in closing the Red Sox really do suck. :)

Awimoway, that was pretty funny.

As for the "suck" thing, I guess MacNut's right. But I tend to take such things at face value. I rarely use such terminology to describe a team I hate. I usually just point at the TV or the field and taunt the players or something. I mean, after last year's atrocious display by Pedro, I think the man's an overgrown child who's lightyears from someone like, say, Paul O'Neill in terms of character. But the man does not suck. I repect Pedro as a player, but don't particularly care for the man.

Okay, I guess I'm just beating a dead horse now.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
lets get this strait. The BoSox always choke when it counts most. and haven't won a WS since 1918. They suck.

And they lost again tonight. Yanks just one game back. GO Yanks!

I stand by my statement.

I already mentioned the LACK of equality with the Yankees in terms of their championship history. Their championship history doesn't suck. It's atrocious. But year after year they're in the thick of it, many times making post-season play.

Now about the Yanks' rapid climb back into the thick of things, OHHH YEAHH!!! We were in 4th place last week. Now we're in 2nd. Things're lookin' much better than they were a week and a half ago. But it's a long season, like I said. Things're just getting started.

Can't wait for them to visit LA and Anaheim this year. But Lord how I miss the Stadium.

Nybombers142

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2004
idkew said:
just proves you can buy wins.

Hey smart guy the Red Sox have the second highest payroll in baseball and how many championships have they "bought" since 1918?
ZIP, NADA, NONE, THE BIG GOOSE EGG

85 YEARS WITHOUT A SINGLE DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP!! 85 YEARS!!!!!!!

There is NO campatition between the Sox and Yanks. The Sox have 26 CHAMPIONSHIPS to make up before they pull even! SO DONT EVEN COMPARE YOUR TEAM TO OURS!! YOU HAVE NOTHING ON US!! YOU'RE OUR B*T*HE$. KNEAL BEFORE THE ALL MIGHTY YANKEES!!!! KNEAL!!!!!!!

p.s. YOU tried to get A-Rod well brefore us and FAILED so, "Dont go there."
p.p.s 2003 ALCS, game 7, bottom of the 11th, first pitch to BOONE, and goodbye red sox...

"Why do they call it the World Series when its always played in the Bronx?"- unknown

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.