Space Black question...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iRabid, Mar 18, 2015.

1. iRabid macrumors member

Will the Space Black SS Apple Watch, only be available with the space black metal link band? I was looking at the Apple Store app, and I couldn't find Space Black SS at the $549/$599 price point. So does that mean that color option is only available at the $1,100. That would suck because I would want to get that color option, but don't want to pay the $1k price.

2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yep you understand correctly. Apple has positioned this as a higher margin product it appears so wants you to buy both the face and bracelet together.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Seems that way. There are a few bands that are limited to watch sizes also. Kinda disappointing given how apple said there would be so many choices. Looks like the black SS has a choice of one.

4. iRabid thread starter macrumors member

Well that just blows!! I guess I'll have to settle with the normal SS. If I was going to spend more than $1k on a watch, I might as well get my self a new iMac that I desperatley need.

5. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Just FYI, someone in another thread was talking about buying the space black and selling the bracelet on ebay.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

7. pablito1972 macrumors newbie

If you read carefully you are able to freely choose between stainless stell or black stainless stell. The screenshot is taken from the features of the stainless steel version with black sports band.

regards,
    Pablo

Attached Files:

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

That's more of a general summary of the Apple Watch (stainless steel); unfortunately I'm pretty sure the Space Black will only be available with the link bracelet.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, you assume incorrectly.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

It sounds like a wiser choice would be the iMac if you are in desperate need. The phone is kinda a luxury item.

11. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

That's just a spec sheet. Not what you can choose from...

You can get the configurations listed on Apple's website. Nothing less, nothing more.

12. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

I looked up the Space Black DLC, it's the same material as the ones found on knives and guns. While it does cost extra to produce 316L with the Space Black DLC coating, it does perform pretty well (even though it can scratch). If you are interested in the Space Black SS case, it would be worth the extra $100 for the coating if you like it. The 38mm case is $1049 and the 42mm case is $1099 which makes it the most expensive :apple: Watch. My biggest issues with this model is that it seems like an afterthought from Apple since most of the bands with stainless steel hardware doesn't have the DLC coating. The link bracelet also makes the watch look a little retro Casio calculator watch. For some, it will be great, for others, it won't.

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

Incorrect. That information refers to the watch casing and not the bands.