Space Gray -- To. Die. For!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jaydee24601, Apr 13, 2015.

1. jaydee24601 macrumors regular

My local Apple reseller actually has one newly on display, just delivered today, in Space Gray 512 1.2 -- it is GORGEOUS! Playing with it as we speak! I never thought I'd like it this much! I, of course, ordered silver, which delivers on Wednesday!

2. Elise macrumors 6502

3. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

Please do some Geekbench and post screenshot !!

4. jaydee24601 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, they had one for display and one to sell -- and they DID! To. Me!

5. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

I'm sooooo jealous to have to wait 4 weeks...

6. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502

nj-mac-user

I've seen both in person and actually prefer the silver version even though the Space Gray does look gorgeous as you say. I just think silver looks more like a Mac to me.

7. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

I thought the Silver was the best of the three but alas I ordered Space Gray, also in 1.2/512.

8. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502

nj-mac-user

Same thing happened to me too in a Best Buy. When I walked in today they just so happened to be putting a Space Gray and Gold out on display. I asked if they had any in stock and they only had a single silver version for sale. Naturally knowing how hard they're gonna be to get for weeks I jumped on it and bought it. I have a Space Gray I ordered online from Apple coming this Thursday, but I've regretted choosing Space Gray and wanted silver instead so it worked out perfect for me today. Truly a beautiful machine in person.

9. jaydee24601 thread starter macrumors regular

After my silver arrives I'll decide which I'm going to keep and which I'm going to sell! But in the meantime, space gray all the way! I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to from my phone.

10. jaydee24601 thread starter macrumors regular

11. SSD-GUY macrumors 6502a

Have you tried running some programmes on it? Photoshop, Final cut pro, Premiere etc?

12. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

They sold you the demo?

13. jaydee24601 thread starter macrumors regular

No, they have one demo and one for sale… Not anymore!

----------

More pictures when I get home I'm on my way I was trying to do this from my phone and in the parking lot – I was very giddy!

14. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Congrats! You are very fortunate. Do you have pics?

15. keviig macrumors 6502

Please share your experiences with it as soon as you've played with it for a while!

16. s54 macrumors regular

I personally don't like space gray at all. Generally speaking, I don't like black or dark electronics. They all look very bland. I had a space gray iPhone and I couldn't wait to get rid out it. Same with a space gray iPad I have at work. The dark gray shows scratches like crazy.

After seeing all 3 MacBooks side-by-side in the store the other day, I still prefer the silver by a long shot. To me, it looks "richer" and more vivid. It shows the lines of the body better than the space gray.

And now that EVERYONE is jumping ship to space gray, silver will quickly become a rarity for this laptop, which is a good thing.

17. jaydee24601 thread starter macrumors regular

Will do! Still driving – – dictated post purchase afterthought: the trackpad is like some kind of wizardry, and the design is just SICK! And I'm sorry to be so much gush-y about this, but I live in a barbaric little town with no Apple store and never thought something like this would ever happen! Pics to come!

18. Elise macrumors 6502

Bloody hell OP you must be one of the first people to lay your hands on the little beauty! Congratulations! :cool::D

19. MickeyDoodle macrumors newbie

I would be just as giddy! That's awesome. We will live vicariously through you. #

20. jaydee24601 thread starter macrumors regular

Here are some pics, not the greatest, but I wanna go play!

Attached Files:

21. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I do love the Space Gray. I think I'm going to change. I initially wanted Gold, but I think the Space Gray looks far more classy.

22. jaydee24601 thread starter macrumors regular

It’s really beautiful, I must say! I never knew, but we shall see how I like my silver later this week, then one of them will go up on eBay (not for profit, just for what I paid for it, so I can pay the credit card company)!

23. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

If you're not looking to profit, you'd take it back to Apple.

24. jaydee24601 thread starter macrumors regular

I don’t have an Apple Store!

25. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Wouldn't it be easier to just return the one you don't want? Even if you don't have an Apple Store; you could just send it in.

Thanks for the pictures. It looks great, especially with that single-key backlight on the keyboard.