Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lovecomputer22

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2021
uhhh that Keyboard looks awesome!!

I bought a new ipad in the beginning of quarantine last year (was hella bored :D) now i really want to give me and update in terms of usabilty cause thats the only reason i still use my lenovo laptop...

During may keyboard research i read this article https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/space-grey-ipad-pro-with-white-magic-keyboard.2292649/about keyboards for iPads and i am think about to buy the Logitech SLIM COMBO. But before i would like to ask here if anybody made any experience with this keyboard or keyboards in generell with Logitech. Do they work well with the iPad? I know the link is in German but you can use google translater or deepl.com to translate if you would like to read it.

I am keen for your experience exchange ;)

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
So, I bought both the black and the white Magic Keyboards to go with the 2021 IPad Pro 11”. Here are pics of both setups for reference. After some deliberation and talking it over with a few people, I kept the black and returned the white one earlier Today. What do you think?

F7BC6165-E656-42E0-97E7-519F19A0CE90.jpeg 27C1E640-CC46-4925-A73F-7636CEB203BA.jpeg 7CCEDACD-13AE-44D1-AC2C-4B917100F3DF.jpeg 91633F42-5E12-4634-AE55-67AAEE2FE0B6.jpeg 040A9B73-BAE1-4E83-BDD4-02EA0B0554D7.jpeg

MagicMouse3

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2021
Looks wonderful, but if I were to spend that much for the keyboard, I will get a black one that normal wear can be easily hidden. That white one is going to look terrible in a month.
That was my first thought too! Maybe I'm just a messy person but I'm sure it wouldn't stay white for too long when I'm using it 😅 on the other hand I guess its rather easy to clean, so maybe that wouldn't be a big issue.
But just for the looks I would also reach for the black keyboard I guess. it looks pretty elegant in my opinion

Reactions: sorgo †

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
My pref is the space grey iPad, but I also prefer the white keyboard. I don't think the space grey one really goes well with the white. The silver one kinda melts into the white keyboard and makes the screen pop off.

MrEcted

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2011
My stupid brain is annoying af. I started with black but then white looked so fresh and clean, so then I swapped it for white and now black looks more rugged and awesome. I constantly troll myself like this.

I think what it is, is I like white better when it’s open but black better when it’s closed, haha. I’m not going to return it again and start at square one, so white it is!

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
My stupid brain is annoying af. I started with black but then white looked so fresh and clean, so then I swapped it for white and now black looks more rugged and awesome. I constantly troll myself like this.

I think what it is, is I like white better when it’s open but black better when it’s closed, haha. I’m not going to return it again and start at square one, so white it is!

Keep the white and get a black skin for the outside....problem solved!

Reactions: Bea220 and seajewel

scoobysnax

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2016
Keep the white and get a black skin for the outside....problem solved!

This is what I plan on doing. I have struggled with which MKB to get. I love the white when opened, but don’t want the exterior exposed to dirt/dust. The Sopiguard should fix this.

Also, what type of skin (black honeycomb look) is on that IPP posted above? Looks amazing!

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
This is what I plan on doing. I have struggled with which MKB to get. I love the white when opened, but don’t want the exterior exposed to dirt/dust. The Sopiguard should fix this.

Also, what type of skin (black honeycomb look) is on that IPP posted above? Looks amazing!
Do you mean my pic?
It’s the dBrand Black Swarm.

Attachments

• E99BA7E0-AA30-467C-8CA5-C6681C9BA70B.jpeg
    E99BA7E0-AA30-467C-8CA5-C6681C9BA70B.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 88A307F5-C924-4F4E-B561-0C734F8A38E0.png
    88A307F5-C924-4F4E-B561-0C734F8A38E0.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 265

scoobysnax

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2016
^ Yes, that is what I was referring to. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think I will pick one of the up!

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I hadn’t seriously considered the MKB for iPad Pro until I saw this thread and especially this post / these photos.

Those skins are rad, but I am fairly convinced I would fail at applying the skin perfectly ?
Haha yes the skins may the whole package pretty nice looking. Plus it offers scratch and dirt protection.
They’re not hard to install. Just need steady hands. Also don’t press the skins too hard onto the surface until you’re 100% happy with the fitting. They’re fairly easy to peel off if you haven’t pressed hard against the iPad/keyboard.

MrEcted

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2011
Haha yes the skins may the whole package pretty nice looking. Plus it offers scratch and dirt protection.
They’re not hard to install. Just need steady hands. Also don’t press the skins too hard onto the surface until you’re 100% happy with the fitting. They’re fairly easy to peel off if you haven’t pressed hard against the iPad/keyboard.

How well do they seem to stick on? Does it seem like you'll have peeling issues after awhile?

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I hadn’t seriously considered the MKB for iPad Pro until I saw this thread and especially this post / these photos.

Those skins are rad, but I am fairly convinced I would fail at applying the skin perfectly ?
I’m absolutely rubbish at this sort of thing, and I’ve installed a couple of dBrand skins correctly ? they’re pretty easy to apply.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Why do you think so? The white magic keyboard for iMac looks totally fine with the white keys, even years later. Whereas the black keys on Macbooks become glossy and start looking worn pretty quickly.

I’d actually imagine the white one will show wear and tear less than the black one, not more. White doesn’t show imperfections and stains as easily as black.

Discoloration would be obvious, but I don’t think it will tbh.
I have had white keyboards for years for all my PC’s. They always looked less worn than black ones. I’ve bought the white cases from Apple and they still look like new. I love my new white magic keyboard. When it gets dirty, I’ll wipe it down. I’m not expecting discoloration as I’ve not seen that with any of my other Apple white products.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

BaddAdvice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2016

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have the silver IPP 11 inch with the white magic keyboard and I really, really like the keyboard. With my last iPad I had the smart keyboard. It was nice, but this magic one is really a step up.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2021
I have a Silver 2021 12.9” iPad Pro, but I’m gonna have to return it due to display issues and it seems that only the Space Gray is available as of now. I REALLY love the way it looks with the White Magic Keyboard which is what I have, so it is what I want even though the Silver is Backordered. I hope I can cop that Space Gray because it’s what I originally wanted (always preferred that color), but didn’t know what it would look like with the White Magic Keyboard. Looks great, though! Gives me a chance to color match to my Space Gray iPhone 11 Pro Max too, so woohoo!

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
I think the white magic keyboard also works well visually with the sky blue iPad Air (I saw that combo on display at an Apple Store today) probably because sky blue is so close to silver. I asked them to put a green iPad Air in (which is what I have) and it didn't look as good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.