Spaces with multiple displays

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 124151155, Jan 7, 2010.

1. 124151155 macrumors regular

Hi,
    I've just started using my second display for the first time, and I really don't like the way how spaces works with two screens.
    What I'd like, is that each screen can have any space on it, and to change it, I press my spaces key with the cursor on the screen I want to change and then I change the space for that screen only.

So I could be using space 1 on screen A and space 2 on screen B, then change screen B to space 3 and keep screen A as it is, on space 1.

Here's a picture which hopefully will help. 1 is what I currently have and 2 is what I'd like.

[​IMG]

Can this be enabled or used via third party software?

Thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. 124151155 thread starter macrumors regular

Bummer. It seems more logical to me since Spaces is like having four screens but only seeing one at a time...

If anybody knows of any third party software which offers something like this I'd love to hear about it.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

There were a few virtual desktop apps available pre-Leopard, but most of them have been abandoned thanks to Spaces. I never really understood the appeal and never use spaces at all, but You Control: Desktops might do what you're looking for. I really don't know.

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

No, but it's a good idea (as long as you have two identical monitors). Go to

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html